My name is Santosh. My wife and I (both in our early 30s) will be traveling to Italy for couple of weeks around mid to late May 2015.
One of the main reasons for choosing Italy is my love for its cuisine (I'm also a decent cook when it comes to Italian, so yes, a short cooking class would be awesome).
Now, we are determined to stay off the typical first time trail. No Florence, Venice, etc. We are planning to fly in and out of Rome (more cause of budgetary considerations, we're flying from India btw). We also like to take things easy, i.e. we'd rather skip places than try to jam too many things in.
I'm thinking couple of days in Rome followed by a good 8 odd days in Sicily (I love how they call it chi-chilia). I would totally appreciate any advice on best places to visit/things to do there. Not too crazy about ruins but if on the way then by all means we'd love to check it out.
Also, while anything goes for me, my wife's a vegetarian, how much of a problem is it going to be?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 11 We're here!
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 Trip Ideas
- 14 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 20 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 21 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 22 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents