My name is Santosh. My wife and I (both in our early 30s) will be traveling to Italy for couple of weeks around mid to late May 2015.
One of the main reasons for choosing Italy is my love for its cuisine (I'm also a decent cook when it comes to Italian, so yes, a short cooking class would be awesome).
Now, we are determined to stay off the typical first time trail. No Florence, Venice, etc. We are planning to fly in and out of Rome (more cause of budgetary considerations, we're flying from India btw). We also like to take things easy, i.e. we'd rather skip places than try to jam too many things in.
I'm thinking couple of days in Rome followed by a good 8 odd days in Sicily (I love how they call it chi-chilia). I would totally appreciate any advice on best places to visit/things to do there. Not too crazy about ruins but if on the way then by all means we'd love to check it out.
Also, while anything goes for me, my wife's a vegetarian, how much of a problem is it going to be?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Rome Water Shortage
- 4 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 5 Visiting Zurich
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Moldova and Transnistria
- 9 Getting around London
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 13 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 19 Iceland in January/February
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Driving in Italy
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 24 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 25 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017