I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)
- 1 A chacun son goût
- 2 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 3 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 4 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 5 Eurostar Italy train to Florence fro Milan's Malpensa Airport
- 6 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 7 Nice
- 8 Train tickets
- 9 jungfraujoch mid june
- 10 Heathrow
- 11 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 12 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 13 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 14 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 15 Cuenca or Toledo
- 16 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 17 Four Days in Seville
- 18 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 19 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 20 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 21 Bernina Express and Lake Como
- 22 LONDON, UK...CENTRALLY LOCATED BOUTIQUE HOTEL MAY 2013
- 23 London in Spring.. a glimpse of Madeleine Albright
- 24 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 25 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal