I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)
- 1 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 2 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 3 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 4 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 5 Amalfi, Italy hostel - recommendation for college aged traveler?
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 8 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 9 Ordering wine in Paris
- 10 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 11 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 13 Southern Italy Itinerary- is this do-able?
- 14 3+ week trip to Amsterdam/Germany/Prague
- 15 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 16 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 17 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Foggia Day Trip
- 20 Cinque Terre card and train
- 21 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 22 Places to visit south of Florence along A1
- 23 Retirement Vacation
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?