I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 2 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Villa in Italy
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 7 Paris advice with kids
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 10 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 11 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 12 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 17 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 18 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 19 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 One night in the Dolomites
- 22 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 23 Airport Transit Visa
- 24 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 25 Where in Greece
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)