I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)