I am traveling with my family to italy this summer, and they've obviously have left the planning up to the oldest daughter (we are a family of 5). We are there for a total of 7 nights so was thinking to do this. Please let me know if you think this is a good trip, any changes, advice is VERY necessary so please fill me in.
We get there the first day.. land in Rome.. thinking of renting a car from the airport.. then driving to Tuscany (but have no idea where) We have been to Florence.. so we want somewhere beautiful with castles, vineyards, rolling hills.. what town and where should we stay in? My dad wants to stay in nice places.. so a little more luxury.. any vineyards you know of or castles or hotels would be great.. How many nights should we stay here? then I wanted to drive to cinque terre.. but I heard you do not need to stay here.. it's more affordable to stay outside of the city?? Then just enjoy the days there.. Then we anted to go to Portofino.. then drive to Como and leave the car there and fly or take the train back to Rome?? Does this make sense at all..
soo I was thinking
1) 1 night tuscany
2) 2 nights around cinque terre.. this way we could do portofino and cinnque terre together ..
3) 2 nights around lake como
4) 2 nights rome..
How far is the drive from rome to tuscany then tuscany to cinque terre then cinque terre to portofino then portofino to lake como.. (where should we stay around lake como)
also is it possible to leave the car there and fly back is this a good idea? HELP!!!! Please let me know where we should stay in all places and if this at all sounds like a good idea.. Thanks soooooo much!!!
Italy (Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Portofino, Lake Como and Rome)
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 Car rental Italy
- 3 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 4 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 5 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 6 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 7 Prague Itinerary
- 8 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 9 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 10 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 11 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 12 London at Xmas
- 13 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 14 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 15 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 16 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 17 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 18 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 19 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 20 Northern Italy
- 21 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 22 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 23 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 24 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 25 Best area for wine and which one?