Hi, I'm not quite sure how this works as I haven't posted a question before; however, I have read a lot of the topics from others and have the Rick Steves book. I am looking for any advice on planning a trip to Italy with our family of 4 (including 2 teens, girl 13 and boy 16). We are looking at going in August, 2013 for about 8-9 days. I know August isn't the best time but that's what fits our schedule. My husband and kids have not been to Italy before and the last time I went was in 1989 with a backpack and youth hosteling so this is very different for me. My thoughts are to fly into Venice (3 nights), train to Naples (2-3 nights), train to Rome (3 nights) and fly out of Rome. I really want the kids to see Venice and Rome and they really want to go to Pompeii so I definitely want to fit that in. I was thinking that if we stayed in Naples, we could day trip to Pompeii. Does anyone have any other suggestions such as staying in Sorrento instead of Naples or would we be better to stay longer in Rome and daytrip to Pompeii from there? Also, for 3 night stays, should I look at hotels or apartments? Would guided tours to such as the Forum/Coliseum be advisable?
Italy trip with 2 teens for Aug. 2013...seeking advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy High quality fake passports, visa, driver's licences , id cards..
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Best data sim
- 4 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 7 Crete Island - off the beaten track
- 8 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 9 Escargot
- 10 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 11 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 14 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 15 Interested In Coach Passes
- 16 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 19 Alterations to night trains routes
- 20 first family trip to Switzerland
- 21 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 22 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 23 Pisa or Siena?
- 24 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 25 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.