My husband has a business trip to Naples this summer and we are planning to make a vacation out of the trip.
As this would be my first time in Italy, we were hoping for some suggestions for a 10 day trip (we don't have much time) of which 3 days will be spent in Naples.
1. Is it worth flying through Rome or Venice and spending a nite in one of those cities? if so, which one?
2. Is Capri worth visiting? If so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
3. Is the Amalfi coast worth visiting? IF so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
4. Is Pompeii worth visiting?
5. Any other suggestions?
With regards to budget, since my husband's flight is paid for and we have 2 nites in Naples covered, we do not mind splurging a bit.
Thanks again for your help!
Italy trip advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about justairports
- 2 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 3 Rome in 6 days
- 4 Land v Waterways touring
- 5 Paris: Hotel Verneuil, Regent, d'Angleterre, Millesime, Aramis (Best Western)
- 6 From Paris to the Riviera (15 days honeymoon)
- 7 Day trips
- 8 Train From Paris to Beaune
- 9 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 10 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 11 Amsterdam with toddler; getting around & logistical questions
- 12 First trip to Europe - early 20s want to see the highlights
- 13 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 14 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 15 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 16 Bob the Navigator's drive in Tuscany?
- 17 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 18 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Nice, France September 2013
- 21 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 22 2 weeks in Andalusia and Barcelona!
- 23 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 24 ordering train tickets
- 25 Augsburg with kids