My husband has a business trip to Naples this summer and we are planning to make a vacation out of the trip.
As this would be my first time in Italy, we were hoping for some suggestions for a 10 day trip (we don't have much time) of which 3 days will be spent in Naples.
1. Is it worth flying through Rome or Venice and spending a nite in one of those cities? if so, which one?
2. Is Capri worth visiting? If so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
3. Is the Amalfi coast worth visiting? IF so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
4. Is Pompeii worth visiting?
5. Any other suggestions?
With regards to budget, since my husband's flight is paid for and we have 2 nites in Naples covered, we do not mind splurging a bit.
Thanks again for your help!
Italy trip advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 One month (ish) in Spain
- 3 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 4 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 5 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 6 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 7 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 8 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 9 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 10 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 11 La Sagrada Familia
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 Where to stay in London
- 14 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 17 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 18 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 19 Expat area's in France
- 20 Aaah...Umbria!
- 21 Sorrento Advice Please
- 22 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Do I need train tix in advance
- 25 Cyprus photo gallery