My husband has a business trip to Naples this summer and we are planning to make a vacation out of the trip.
As this would be my first time in Italy, we were hoping for some suggestions for a 10 day trip (we don't have much time) of which 3 days will be spent in Naples.
1. Is it worth flying through Rome or Venice and spending a nite in one of those cities? if so, which one?
2. Is Capri worth visiting? If so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
3. Is the Amalfi coast worth visiting? IF so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
4. Is Pompeii worth visiting?
5. Any other suggestions?
With regards to budget, since my husband's flight is paid for and we have 2 nites in Naples covered, we do not mind splurging a bit.
Thanks again for your help!
Italy trip advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 10 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 13 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 14 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 20 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 21 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 23 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 24 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?