My husband has a business trip to Naples this summer and we are planning to make a vacation out of the trip.
As this would be my first time in Italy, we were hoping for some suggestions for a 10 day trip (we don't have much time) of which 3 days will be spent in Naples.
1. Is it worth flying through Rome or Venice and spending a nite in one of those cities? if so, which one?
2. Is Capri worth visiting? If so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
3. Is the Amalfi coast worth visiting? IF so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
4. Is Pompeii worth visiting?
5. Any other suggestions?
With regards to budget, since my husband's flight is paid for and we have 2 nites in Naples covered, we do not mind splurging a bit.
Thanks again for your help!
Italy trip advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 8 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 9 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 13 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 14 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 15 Five nights in Extremadura
- 16 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 17 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 21 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 22 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 23 Stonehenge and Bath
- 24 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget