My husband has a business trip to Naples this summer and we are planning to make a vacation out of the trip.
As this would be my first time in Italy, we were hoping for some suggestions for a 10 day trip (we don't have much time) of which 3 days will be spent in Naples.
1. Is it worth flying through Rome or Venice and spending a nite in one of those cities? if so, which one?
2. Is Capri worth visiting? If so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
3. Is the Amalfi coast worth visiting? IF so, day trip or stay overnight? If overnight, where?
4. Is Pompeii worth visiting?
5. Any other suggestions?
With regards to budget, since my husband's flight is paid for and we have 2 nites in Naples covered, we do not mind splurging a bit.
Thanks again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 5 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 6 renting car with automatic transmission
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 18 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 19 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 20 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 21 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 22 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 23 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 24 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 25 Prague itinerary advice