I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Where to enjoy Paris
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 11 10 days in Paris and......
- 12 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 Athens
- 15 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 16 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 17 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 20 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 24 Budapest & Prague
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations