I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Irish Countryside in 1 day
- 2 Naples to Pompeii
- 3 Cell phones in France and England
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 6 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 7 Parking in Italy
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 sim card
- 10 Plan Italy trip
- 11 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 12 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 13 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 14 apartments florence
- 15 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 16 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 17 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 18 Florence, Italy
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 21 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 22 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 23 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 24 FCO connection time
- 25 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin