I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any reviews on Fires de Sant Narcis, Girona?
- 2 Airline to Rome
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 7 Towns around Lucca
- 8 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 14 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 17 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 18 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 19 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 20 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 21 Georgia in 4 days
- 22 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Dublin Luggage storage
- 25 Italy with baby - where to go?