I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester on derby weekend
- 2 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 3 My First Trip to Europe...
- 4 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 5 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 6 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 train from ravenna to parma
- 9 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 10 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 11 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 12 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 15 Madrid city centre?
- 16 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 17 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 18 counselling in West London
- 19 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 20 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 21 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 22 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 23 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 24 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 25 Heathrow to hotel transportation question