I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Italy Trip 14-15 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 2 help and advice
- 3 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 4 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 5 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 6 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 7 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 8 Lyon Arrondissements
- 9 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 10 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 11 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 12 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 13 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 14 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 15 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 16 Spa in Scotland
- 17 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 18 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 19 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 20 1+ days in Toledo
- 21 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 22 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 23 Paris info required
- 24 DCC on the increase?
- 25 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!