I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Morocco
- 2 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 3 Alhambra
- 4 What do pack for Ireland?
- 5 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 6 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 7 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 8 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 9 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 10 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 11 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 Antwerp Tram
- 14 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 17 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 18 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 19 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 20 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 21 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 22 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 23 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 24 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 25 Marseille Airport rental return