I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 총판노하우 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 4 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 5 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 8 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip