I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Italy Trip 14-15 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 7 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 16 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 17 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 18 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 19 Food tours in Rome?
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 22 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 23 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 24 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 25 Italy and Croatia