I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time Solo Travel info
- 2 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 3 Prague hotels
- 4 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 11 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 14 Munich
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 17 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 18 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 23 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 24 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 25 Europe in late January