I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Italy Trip 14-15 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 5 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 6 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Street food in Turkey
- 9 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 10 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 11 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 12 Itinerary Help!
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 One week in Venice - trips
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Scotland
- 18 9 days in turkey
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014