I will be traveling to Italy for the first time either by myself or with my best friend (not sure if she can do it) in early April 2014 or late April 2014. Nothing has been booked yet but here is my tentative schedule:
Fly into Bologna or another city (Milan, Venice or Rome) and take the train into Bologna. Relax and recoup from jet lag.
2 nights in Bologna. Take the train from Bologna to Venice.
3 nights in Venice. Take the train from Venice to Florence.
3 nights in Florence. Thinking about taking the train from Florence to Orvieto/Narni before heading to Rome for some relaxation.
2 or 3 nights in Orvieto/Narni Region. Train from Orvieto to Rome.
4 nights in Rome. Fly home from Rome to Chicago, I have researched places to stay at and sites to see in each major city but nothing is set in stone yet.
Should I add another night in Bologna and only stay in Orvieto/Narni for 2 nights? Any suggestions on places to see, eat, stay in Bologna and/or Orvieto/Narni? Is my schedule for the main cities enough for the first time visiting or should I add more time there?
Never traveled to Europe and/or by myself more than a day. Very excited about this trip as well as nervous if I have to travel alone.
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 Emergencies in Ireland
- 4 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 5 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 6 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 7 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 8 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 9 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 10 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 11 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 12 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 13 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Food in Positano
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Edinburgh to Skye
- 18 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 23 3 weeks in Spain
- 24 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 25 Rent a car in England