It looks that some of the Trenitalia's personnel will be on 24 hour strike starting at 21:00 on September 20th. We need to get from Rome to Florence on September 21st in the evening. According to Trenitalia website there are no trains scheduled after 21:00 on September 21st.
I understand that there is always some essential service during Trenitalia strikes. However, I am not able to find out what essential trains from Rome to Florence are operating during the strikes. I don't know Italian and the Trenitalia's English version doesn't list the essential trains from Rome to Florence.
Does anyone know how Trenitalia operates during the strike? Is it correct that there is always essential service? Also, what are the essential trains from Rome to Florence? Any information will be very helpful.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 2 weeks Europe trip
- 16 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 17 Transportation
- 18 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 21 Leather goods in Florence
- 22 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Trip to Rome