I'm planning an 8-9 day trip with my toddler. We definitely can take on "all of Italy" because of the long commutes to different cities and not a long stay.
Currently I'm trying to figure out flights but based on the activities I want to do first. (We come the beginning of the 3rd week of October 15/16)
I want to do the Amalfi coast first in hopes of still acquiring some warm weather!!! Rather than leaving it for the end!! Take a day tour to Capri etc........ My question is do I stay in Sorrento or in Amalfi??? Is there more to do in Sorrento? More shops? Eateries? Is the beaches closer in one vs the other?? I pre-booked a hotel for both but can't really tell based on reviews and also very uncertain.
Also just one other piece of assistance. Please let me know of this itinerary seems ideal.
Amalfi Coast & Capri - 1st full day there!!
Sorrento to Rome
I haven't allocated days yet, BUT I was wondering if it made sense to go to say Florence or Venice after Sorrento and then Rome (and fly out of Rome). Is it too off the beaten path??? Is there enough there to do for a day or 2 thus making the commute worth it?? We will not be driving unless hiring someone just as an FYI.
I appreciate your time in reading and responding (if you do).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Madrid
- 2 Nightime Tivoli
- 3 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 4 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 5 Travelling Iceland
- 6 Seville to Cordoba
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 9 IWM
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 12 Amalfi Coast
- 13 Montserrat Express
- 14 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 15 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 18 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 19 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 20 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 21 Itinery help Crete
- 22 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 25 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal