I'm planning an 8-9 day trip with my toddler. We definitely can take on "all of Italy" because of the long commutes to different cities and not a long stay.
Currently I'm trying to figure out flights but based on the activities I want to do first. (We come the beginning of the 3rd week of October 15/16)
I want to do the Amalfi coast first in hopes of still acquiring some warm weather!!! Rather than leaving it for the end!! Take a day tour to Capri etc........ My question is do I stay in Sorrento or in Amalfi??? Is there more to do in Sorrento? More shops? Eateries? Is the beaches closer in one vs the other?? I pre-booked a hotel for both but can't really tell based on reviews and also very uncertain.
Also just one other piece of assistance. Please let me know of this itinerary seems ideal.
Amalfi Coast & Capri - 1st full day there!!
Sorrento to Rome
I haven't allocated days yet, BUT I was wondering if it made sense to go to say Florence or Venice after Sorrento and then Rome (and fly out of Rome). Is it too off the beaten path??? Is there enough there to do for a day or 2 thus making the commute worth it?? We will not be driving unless hiring someone just as an FYI.
I appreciate your time in reading and responding (if you do).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Amsterdam hotel
- 3 Europe itinerary questions
- 4 Denmark or Sweden?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 10 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 11 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Back from Paris
- 14 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 15 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 16 1 month in Europe
- 17 Paris hotels
- 18 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 19 10 days in Paris and......
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 22 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 23 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 24 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 25 Omonia metro to Piraeus