I'm planning an 8-9 day trip with my toddler. We definitely can take on "all of Italy" because of the long commutes to different cities and not a long stay.
Currently I'm trying to figure out flights but based on the activities I want to do first. (We come the beginning of the 3rd week of October 15/16)
I want to do the Amalfi coast first in hopes of still acquiring some warm weather!!! Rather than leaving it for the end!! Take a day tour to Capri etc........ My question is do I stay in Sorrento or in Amalfi??? Is there more to do in Sorrento? More shops? Eateries? Is the beaches closer in one vs the other?? I pre-booked a hotel for both but can't really tell based on reviews and also very uncertain.
Also just one other piece of assistance. Please let me know of this itinerary seems ideal.
Amalfi Coast & Capri - 1st full day there!!
Sorrento to Rome
I haven't allocated days yet, BUT I was wondering if it made sense to go to say Florence or Venice after Sorrento and then Rome (and fly out of Rome). Is it too off the beaten path??? Is there enough there to do for a day or 2 thus making the commute worth it?? We will not be driving unless hiring someone just as an FYI.
I appreciate your time in reading and responding (if you do).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 CDG airport and connection time
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 25 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona