I'm planning an 8-9 day trip with my toddler. We definitely can take on "all of Italy" because of the long commutes to different cities and not a long stay.
Currently I'm trying to figure out flights but based on the activities I want to do first. (We come the beginning of the 3rd week of October 15/16)
I want to do the Amalfi coast first in hopes of still acquiring some warm weather!!! Rather than leaving it for the end!! Take a day tour to Capri etc........ My question is do I stay in Sorrento or in Amalfi??? Is there more to do in Sorrento? More shops? Eateries? Is the beaches closer in one vs the other?? I pre-booked a hotel for both but can't really tell based on reviews and also very uncertain.
Also just one other piece of assistance. Please let me know of this itinerary seems ideal.
Amalfi Coast & Capri - 1st full day there!!
Sorrento to Rome
I haven't allocated days yet, BUT I was wondering if it made sense to go to say Florence or Venice after Sorrento and then Rome (and fly out of Rome). Is it too off the beaten path??? Is there enough there to do for a day or 2 thus making the commute worth it?? We will not be driving unless hiring someone just as an FYI.
I appreciate your time in reading and responding (if you do).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 2 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 help with Italy itinerary
- 6 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 7 Praiano
- 8 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 9 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 10 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 11 Chamonix to Paris
- 12 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 15 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 16 Scotland and London 21 days
- 17 Rome to venice
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 20 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 21 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 22 Ireland itinerary help please
- 23 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 24 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included