My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May of 2013. We can only travel 2 weeks total. I put together a sample itinerary and but I am having trouble finding flights or the best method of transportation to and from each area. I listed them in the order of North to South but this can be rearranged. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Depart Miami, FL May 1st
Arrive in Venice May 2nd. stay 2 nights
Travel to Tuscany (drive or train?) 3 nights
Travel to Rome (drive or train?) 2nights
Travel to Amalfi coast ( i heard driving through here is nice?) 2 nights
Travel to sicily (flight would be fastest due to time constraints right?) 2 nights
Fly back home May 13th, arrive May 14th
Again, we can change the order and where we fly into, I would just like suggestions on order & best method of transportation since this is our first trip to Europe. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 2 travel fan 220v?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Guide in Russia
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 18 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 19 Zadar or Sibenik
- 20 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 22 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 23 Rent a Car?
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna