My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May of 2013. We can only travel 2 weeks total. I put together a sample itinerary and but I am having trouble finding flights or the best method of transportation to and from each area. I listed them in the order of North to South but this can be rearranged. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Depart Miami, FL May 1st
Arrive in Venice May 2nd. stay 2 nights
Travel to Tuscany (drive or train?) 3 nights
Travel to Rome (drive or train?) 2nights
Travel to Amalfi coast ( i heard driving through here is nice?) 2 nights
Travel to sicily (flight would be fastest due to time constraints right?) 2 nights
Fly back home May 13th, arrive May 14th
Again, we can change the order and where we fly into, I would just like suggestions on order & best method of transportation since this is our first trip to Europe. Thanks for your help!
Italy travel itinerary
- 1 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 2 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 3 Has anyone used zstay.com? Are they reputable?
- 4 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 5 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 6 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 7 Rome & Southern Italy
- 8 Paris trip report
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 11 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 12 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 13 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 14 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 15 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 16 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 17 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 18 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 19 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 20 Istanbul in April
- 21 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 22 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 23 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 24 Paris Recommendations
- 25 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris