My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May of 2013. We can only travel 2 weeks total. I put together a sample itinerary and but I am having trouble finding flights or the best method of transportation to and from each area. I listed them in the order of North to South but this can be rearranged. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Depart Miami, FL May 1st
Arrive in Venice May 2nd. stay 2 nights
Travel to Tuscany (drive or train?) 3 nights
Travel to Rome (drive or train?) 2nights
Travel to Amalfi coast ( i heard driving through here is nice?) 2 nights
Travel to sicily (flight would be fastest due to time constraints right?) 2 nights
Fly back home May 13th, arrive May 14th
Again, we can change the order and where we fly into, I would just like suggestions on order & best method of transportation since this is our first trip to Europe. Thanks for your help!
Italy travel itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The French Experience - Melbourne
- 2 Chateau de Champs-sur-Marne
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 5 cruises and itineraries in the Mediterranean
- 6 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 7 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 8 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 9 We are off to France again!!
- 10 Car insurance in Europe...
- 11 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 12 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 13 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 14 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 15 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 16 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 17 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 20 ROME
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 23 Short Cruises on the Mediterranean
- 24 bath or york
- 25 Antwerp or Bruges?