My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May of 2013. We can only travel 2 weeks total. I put together a sample itinerary and but I am having trouble finding flights or the best method of transportation to and from each area. I listed them in the order of North to South but this can be rearranged. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Depart Miami, FL May 1st
Arrive in Venice May 2nd. stay 2 nights
Travel to Tuscany (drive or train?) 3 nights
Travel to Rome (drive or train?) 2nights
Travel to Amalfi coast ( i heard driving through here is nice?) 2 nights
Travel to sicily (flight would be fastest due to time constraints right?) 2 nights
Fly back home May 13th, arrive May 14th
Again, we can change the order and where we fly into, I would just like suggestions on order & best method of transportation since this is our first trip to Europe. Thanks for your help!
Italy travel itinerary
- 1 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 2 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 3 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 4 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 5 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 6 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 7 london travelcrard
- 8 Am I too fat too travel?
- 9 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 10 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 11 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 12 France Itinerary Help
- 13 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 14 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 15 Paris Ticket t+
- 16 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 17 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 18 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 19 Best area to stay in Rome
- 20 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 21 Public transport to Sol Metro area from Madrid airport
- 22 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 23 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 24 How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
- 25 Peggy does Deutschland...