Have been on the Le Frecce section of the Trenitalia web site, looking for mini fares for 2 routes in May.
1. Venice to Bologna: there are a few of the 9 eu mini fares, trip time 1 1/2 hrs on the Frecciargento. There are also 9 eu fares with trip time of 2 hrs on the Intercity. If I didn't care about the extra half hour, and that departure time worked better for us, any reason not to do Intercity?
2. Bologna to Rome, 3 days later: Can't find any 9 eu mini fares on the fast trains- and the fares are mostly 39 eu and 49 eu, with just a few 29 eu sprinkled about. Why so far ahead, are the tickets so much? And why no 9 eu mini fares at all? (Not counting the Intercity 4 hr train.) Hard to believe that there were the 9 eu tickets and they're all gone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 8 Meteora for older folk
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 13 Athens
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Budapest & Prague
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Paris day trips August
- 25 Milan to Switzerland for skiing