Have been on the Le Frecce section of the Trenitalia web site, looking for mini fares for 2 routes in May.
1. Venice to Bologna: there are a few of the 9 eu mini fares, trip time 1 1/2 hrs on the Frecciargento. There are also 9 eu fares with trip time of 2 hrs on the Intercity. If I didn't care about the extra half hour, and that departure time worked better for us, any reason not to do Intercity?
2. Bologna to Rome, 3 days later: Can't find any 9 eu mini fares on the fast trains- and the fares are mostly 39 eu and 49 eu, with just a few 29 eu sprinkled about. Why so far ahead, are the tickets so much? And why no 9 eu mini fares at all? (Not counting the Intercity 4 hr train.) Hard to believe that there were the 9 eu tickets and they're all gone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living