Have been on the Le Frecce section of the Trenitalia web site, looking for mini fares for 2 routes in May.
1. Venice to Bologna: there are a few of the 9 eu mini fares, trip time 1 1/2 hrs on the Frecciargento. There are also 9 eu fares with trip time of 2 hrs on the Intercity. If I didn't care about the extra half hour, and that departure time worked better for us, any reason not to do Intercity?
2. Bologna to Rome, 3 days later: Can't find any 9 eu mini fares on the fast trains- and the fares are mostly 39 eu and 49 eu, with just a few 29 eu sprinkled about. Why so far ahead, are the tickets so much? And why no 9 eu mini fares at all? (Not counting the Intercity 4 hr train.) Hard to believe that there were the 9 eu tickets and they're all gone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 2 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 3 Attention guys
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 6 Rome-Itinerary
- 7 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 11 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 12 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 13 Berlin to Italy
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Florence - Where to stay
- 16 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 17 Killarney
- 18 Where to go!?
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Vacation
- 21 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 22 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 23 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!