Have been on the Le Frecce section of the Trenitalia web site, looking for mini fares for 2 routes in May.
1. Venice to Bologna: there are a few of the 9 eu mini fares, trip time 1 1/2 hrs on the Frecciargento. There are also 9 eu fares with trip time of 2 hrs on the Intercity. If I didn't care about the extra half hour, and that departure time worked better for us, any reason not to do Intercity?
2. Bologna to Rome, 3 days later: Can't find any 9 eu mini fares on the fast trains- and the fares are mostly 39 eu and 49 eu, with just a few 29 eu sprinkled about. Why so far ahead, are the tickets so much? And why no 9 eu mini fares at all? (Not counting the Intercity 4 hr train.) Hard to believe that there were the 9 eu tickets and they're all gone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 2 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 8 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 9 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 vegetarian in spain
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 23 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 24 Imbros Gorge
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing