My wife and I will be traveling for the first time to Italy in September. We have experienced France and other European countries and have been very comfortable using only train transportation. Our itinerary/hotel reservations are reserved with stops in Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome. What/when would be the most economical way to purchase our train tickets to these spots, beginning in Venice and ending in Rome? We prefer the first class option with reserved seats, but do I need to reserve these well in adavnce, or simply wait until we arrive in Venice and purchase as we go? Thanks to all for any advise you may pass along. If you need further information, I will be happy to answer further questions.
Italy train travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 4 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 5 Why don't the French want to work?
- 6 Driving from Italy to France
- 7 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 8 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 9 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 10 7 Nights in Paris
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 13 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 14 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 15 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 16 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 17 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 18 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 19 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 20 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 21 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 22 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 25 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??