My wife and I will be traveling for the first time to Italy in September. We have experienced France and other European countries and have been very comfortable using only train transportation. Our itinerary/hotel reservations are reserved with stops in Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome. What/when would be the most economical way to purchase our train tickets to these spots, beginning in Venice and ending in Rome? We prefer the first class option with reserved seats, but do I need to reserve these well in adavnce, or simply wait until we arrive in Venice and purchase as we go? Thanks to all for any advise you may pass along. If you need further information, I will be happy to answer further questions.
Italy train travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 2 Transportation in Barcelona
- 3 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 7 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 8 5am arrival in Dublin
- 9 What are the best places to see in England
- 10 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 11 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 12 destination wedding
- 13 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 14 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 15 10 Hours in Brussels
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 20 Italy
- 21 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 22 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 23 Hotel in Venice
- 24 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 25 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?