My wife and I will be traveling for the first time to Italy in September. We have experienced France and other European countries and have been very comfortable using only train transportation. Our itinerary/hotel reservations are reserved with stops in Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome. What/when would be the most economical way to purchase our train tickets to these spots, beginning in Venice and ending in Rome? We prefer the first class option with reserved seats, but do I need to reserve these well in adavnce, or simply wait until we arrive in Venice and purchase as we go? Thanks to all for any advise you may pass along. If you need further information, I will be happy to answer further questions.
Italy train travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 2 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 3 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 4 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 5 Portugal Trip
- 6 Reputable Tours
- 7 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 8 Spain traffic tickets
- 9 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 10 Salzburg and day trips
- 11 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 12 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 13 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 14 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 15 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 16 Germany Questions
- 17 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 18 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 19 Museums in Berlin
- 20 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 25 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015