My wife and I will be traveling for the first time to Italy in September. We have experienced France and other European countries and have been very comfortable using only train transportation. Our itinerary/hotel reservations are reserved with stops in Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome. What/when would be the most economical way to purchase our train tickets to these spots, beginning in Venice and ending in Rome? We prefer the first class option with reserved seats, but do I need to reserve these well in adavnce, or simply wait until we arrive in Venice and purchase as we go? Thanks to all for any advise you may pass along. If you need further information, I will be happy to answer further questions.
Italy train travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 2 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 3 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 4 venice, italy
- 5 Rocamaxour
- 6 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 7 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 8 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 9 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 10 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 11 Home Base in Belgium
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 April in Madrid
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 Big and little towns of Europe
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 18 Navigo Decouverte
- 19 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?