My wife and I will be traveling for the first time to Italy in September. We have experienced France and other European countries and have been very comfortable using only train transportation. Our itinerary/hotel reservations are reserved with stops in Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome. What/when would be the most economical way to purchase our train tickets to these spots, beginning in Venice and ending in Rome? We prefer the first class option with reserved seats, but do I need to reserve these well in adavnce, or simply wait until we arrive in Venice and purchase as we go? Thanks to all for any advise you may pass along. If you need further information, I will be happy to answer further questions.
Italy train travel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 4 Dordogne lodging
- 5 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 6 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 7 Rocamaxour
- 8 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 11 Dordogne markets
- 12 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 13 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 14 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 15 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 16 England in 7 days
- 17 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 18 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 19 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 20 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 21 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip