I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 2 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 7 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 8 Ravello to Paestum
- 9 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Spain Itinerary Help
- 12 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 13 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 14 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 15 What Greek islands should I visit
- 16 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 17 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 18 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 19 Girona and Besalau
- 20 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 21 Europe Destination with kids?
- 22 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 23 Cork or Galway?
- 24 Villa near Florence Italy
- 25 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP