I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Via del Sale, Italy
- 2 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 5 Cornwall Advice
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 10 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 13 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Nafplio to Hydra
- 16 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 20 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 23 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 24 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 25 "Never Mind"