I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help.
- 2 Places to visits near Porto
- 3 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 6 12 Days in Italy
- 7 Family vacay in Europe
- 8 Another Book List for Italy
- 9 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 12 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 13 Classical Music in Milan
- 14 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 15 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 16 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 17 touring near rome airport
- 18 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 19 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 20 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 21 day tours - Loire Valley
- 22 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 23 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 24 Sienna with kids
- 25 8 days in switzerland