I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 8 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 4 days in switzerland
- 11 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 12 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 13 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 14 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 15 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 16 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 20 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 21 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 22 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 23 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 24 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 25 My Ring Road experience in Iceland