I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Italy Train System?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wiring money for apt rental?
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 Photo Ops, Great Pubs, Something Different - Cornwall Suggestions Please
- 6 granada to algarve
- 7 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 8 Libourne overnight
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 70% off on hotel deals, 40% off on flights, Save up to $525 on flight
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 AA Frequent Flyer Flight bookings to Europe
- 13 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 16 Can anyone suggest a good Italian phrase app?
- 17 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 18 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 19 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 20 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Spending money in Italy?
- 23 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 24 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 25 I went to Paris in June