I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Italy Train System?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Greek sojourn
- 2 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 4 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 5 Weekend in Norfolk
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 8 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 9 Halloween in Paris
- 10 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 chrismas in rome
- 13 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 14 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 15 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 16 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 My notes on Greece 101
- 20 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 21 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 22 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 23 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 24 how long in Malta?
- 25 planning a trip to Europe next year!