I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Italy Train System?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 2 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 3 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 4 Terrorism in Europe
- 5 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 6 Grad Schools in London?
- 7 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 8 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 9 Mama Mia Italy!
- 10 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 11 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 12 Paris in black and white
- 13 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 14 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 15 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 16 Day trips from Bologna
- 17 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 18 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 19 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 20 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 21 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 22 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 23 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 24 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 25 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus