I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Italy Train System?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 2 I need a haircut
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 5 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 6 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 9 We Need a Pact
- 10 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 11 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 12 german rail ticket question
- 13 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 14 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Italy vacation rental help
- 19 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 22 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 23 Honeymooning in Europe
- 24 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 25 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip