I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/primalx/
- 2 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 3 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 4 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 5 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 6 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 9 dinner jackets
- 10 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Piedmont as a destination
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!