I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 2 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 5 12 days in Austria
- 6 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 7 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 8 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 9 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 10 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 11 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 14 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 15 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 16 Italy by car
- 17 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 18 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 19 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 20 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 21 Ireland in October?
- 22 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 23 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 24 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 25 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's