I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Italy Train System?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 3 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 4 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 5 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Cell phones in Ireland
- 8 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 11 Touring Dover Castle
- 12 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 3 weeks in Europe
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice