I am planning my trip to Italy in May and will be stopping in the major cities (Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples) as well as visiting Siena (for a little wine tour) and lastly, the Amalfi coast (we reserved a hotel in Positano).
Originally we planned to rent a car and drive the whole way down, however, after much research we decided that would not be the best option, especially since most of our time would be spent in the major cities. Since we will be traveling by train, I am curious as to the best approach for purchasing tickets/reservations.
-Should we buy in advance?
-What is the best train system for our trip?
-Should we buy a pass or purchase each ticket individually (based on our trip outlined above)?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Trip suggestion
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 7 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 8 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 9 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 10 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 We're here!