We are in Sulzano now, leaving tomorrow to Venice from Brescia. Unsurprisingly, there is a train strike.
Our wonderful hotel reception was unable to find specific information online about high speed trains (fresciarossi specifically) and no answer when they called to ask. They feel with 80% certainty that the train will run.
I thought I'd ask the experts here if they had more information based on past experience to add. Worst case we are in Brescia and then scramble to find a driver.
Thanks! And the Floating Piers are wonderful but oh, so crowded! This little town is really doing a wonderful job to support the thousands of people visiting
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 5 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 8 Moldova and Transnistria
- 9 Camogli and surrounds
- 10 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Whistle stop family road trip
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 SURPRISE TRIP
- 15 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 travel fan 220v?
- 18 Palermo Apartment
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 23 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 24 Barcelona - places to stay
- 25 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary