Graduating my masters program and want to try to pay my parents back for everything they've done for me for the past 29 years by taking them to Italy. I'll be taking them in about a year, thinking October 2015, with my girlfriend as well. We all get along really well. My parents are about 55 and we're 29. Thinking of going for about two weeks but not sure what itinerary to take across Italy and/or Italy/Croatia for two weeks. They don't have much money and have always wanted to got to Italy and I really want to make this the best trip for them. My gf and I have traveled quite extensively across the world. Just trying to give you all of the details I can. I have been to Hvar/Split Croatia and LOVED Hvar but my parents really haven't been outside the U.S. and really dream of Italy. Any Italian itineraries you can recommend for two weeks just after/before tourist season (May or October 2015) would be extremely helpful. I see airfares are about $1,500 per person which is a lot but I'm ready to do it for the four of us anyway. Thanks in advance for any input!
Italy - Taking my parents as a gift
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 2 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 3 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 4 France to Italy advice needed please
- 5 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 6 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 7 A Week in Spain
- 8 When to buy companion ticket?
- 9 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 10 South of Switzerland
- 11 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 12 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 13 Home Base in Belgium
- 14 Things to do in/around Milan
- 15 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 16 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 17 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 18 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 19 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 20 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 21 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 25 Positano - Villa