My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Italy Spending Budget
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 3 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 7 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 8 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 9 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 10 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 11 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 19 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 20 Scotland November 2015
- 21 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 22 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 23 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 24 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 25 Italy Countryside