My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Does it Again
- 2 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 3 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 4 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 5 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 6 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 7 Seville Itinerary
- 8 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 9 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 10 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 11 Dolomites October 14-18
- 12 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Florence 2 weeks
- 15 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 16 Santorini
- 17 One in Paris ... help
- 18 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 19 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 20 Which order should I travel
- 21 Which order should I travel
- 22 Which order should I travel
- 23 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 24 Train questions for Switzerland
- 25 First timers to Italy