My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 3 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 4 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 10 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 13 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 14 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 15 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 18 Iceland rental camper company
- 19 southeast sicily town as home base
- 20 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 21 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 22 Chania
- 23 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 24 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 25 Spanish food - not that special?