My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 2 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 3 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 4 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 5 France for Six Weeks
- 6 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 7 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 8 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 9 explore Italy on a budget
- 10 Vienna Favorites
- 11 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 12 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 13 10 Days trip to Europe
- 14 Cochem or Beilstein
- 15 Thann, Alsace - Eye of the Witch
- 16 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 17 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 18 Need advice on transportation
- 19 Best of Stockholm in 3 Days
- 20 3 days Venice to Paris
- 21 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 22 Czech Republic and East Germany itinerary
- 23 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 24 A base for four nights between Killarney and Dublin (no car)
- 25 How to Spot an American in Europe