My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 2 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 3 Route Information
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 Lisbon
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 13 Villa in Italy
- 14 Places to stop/stay?
- 15 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 16 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 17 TSA Precheck
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Where in Greece
- 20 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 21 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 22 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 23 Couscous
- 24 Help me make this possible!
- 25 Nice central hotel for single woman in Rome?