My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 2 Pousadas in Portugal
- 3 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 4 Antiques shopping Rome
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 6 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 7 Scotland Trip Planning
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 12 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 13 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 14 Paris food tours?
- 15 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 16 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 17 Lake Maggiore
- 18 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 19 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 20 Classical Music in Milan
- 21 Must sees in Malaga
- 22 Another Book List for Italy
- 23 Italy train question
- 24 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 25 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.