My Husband and I are looking at spending 28 days in Italy next September and would like to get an idea on a daily budget. I know this question is asked alot.
Our total trip budget is $14,000.00 (Australian), $4500.00 of that will be going to flights i am sure.
What level of travel will we get out of 150 Euro per day for the both of us. This will be just for food, inner city transport (local busses if absolutely necessary- I imagine most would be done by walking), admission and souvenirs (we dont buy alot and are more interested in photography for memories than souvenirs).
We will probably have one upscale dinner, but my Husband is a fussy eater and will probably live off of pizza and simple pasta (no truffle for him or seafood for that matter), me on the other hand I like to try new things.
Our only souvenirs we will purchase would be small things along the way for family. We tend to find souvenirs a waste when we could be having an experience (such as a cooking class etc) instead.
I am looking at learing Italian before we depart and have enrolled in a course, so reading menus in smaller places will not be an issue, fingers crossed.
All of our major between city transport and accomodation will be budgeted for seperate to the 150 Euro as mentioned above.
I look forwward to your reply!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What type of visa is right for me?
- 2 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 3 First time in France
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 7 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Budapest Hotels
- 11 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 12 4 days in switzerland
- 13 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 14 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 15 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 16 Munich
- 17 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 18 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 19 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 20 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 21 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 22 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 23 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 First Time Solo Travel info