Three of my friends and I will be traveling through Europe in July this year. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to Palermo. We all have global rail passes through Eurail and are interested in reserving a 'couchette' ahead of time. Eurail is telling me that in order to upgrade to a cabin we need to either reserve when we get to Europe or find a travel agent. Considering this is during the peak of travel season over in Europe, we desperately would like to reserve well ahead of time. Does anyone have a travel agent in mind for this type of reservation? Any help would be appreciated.
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't take the train... It's done. We are taking it. But if you have any advice on how to reserve a cabin ahead of time please share. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Revised itinerary for italy
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Lisbon hotel
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 Italy
- 17 4 Days in Tuscany
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
Italy - Rome to Palermo - Need a travel agent for the overnight train!