Three of my friends and I will be traveling through Europe in July this year. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to Palermo. We all have global rail passes through Eurail and are interested in reserving a 'couchette' ahead of time. Eurail is telling me that in order to upgrade to a cabin we need to either reserve when we get to Europe or find a travel agent. Considering this is during the peak of travel season over in Europe, we desperately would like to reserve well ahead of time. Does anyone have a travel agent in mind for this type of reservation? Any help would be appreciated.
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't take the train... It's done. We are taking it. But if you have any advice on how to reserve a cabin ahead of time please share. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 12 days europe
- 3 3 days with a Swindon base
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 6 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 7 italy itinerary
- 8 Ravello to Paestum
- 9 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 10 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 11 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 12 If you had four months...
- 13 Rail pass question
- 14 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 15 Amalfi coast
- 16 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 Spain Itinerary Help
- 20 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 21 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 24 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 25 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
Italy - Rome to Palermo - Need a travel agent for the overnight train!