Three of my friends and I will be traveling through Europe in July this year. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to Palermo. We all have global rail passes through Eurail and are interested in reserving a 'couchette' ahead of time. Eurail is telling me that in order to upgrade to a cabin we need to either reserve when we get to Europe or find a travel agent. Considering this is during the peak of travel season over in Europe, we desperately would like to reserve well ahead of time. Does anyone have a travel agent in mind for this type of reservation? Any help would be appreciated.
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't take the train... It's done. We are taking it. But if you have any advice on how to reserve a cabin ahead of time please share. Thanks!
Italy - Rome to Palermo - Need a travel agent for the overnight train!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Month
- 2 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 3 London: Where to watch Ryder Cup Sat/Sun afternoons?
- 4 OMG! Just realized I'll be in London the same time as Raider Nation
- 5 Air France strike
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 8 19 countries in a day
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Ideas for the Canary Islands
- 11 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 12 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 13 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 14 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 15 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 16 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 17 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 18 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 20 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 21 Photographer in Paris?
- 22 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 23 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 24 Finistère Base
- 25 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg