Three of my friends and I will be traveling through Europe in July this year. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to Palermo. We all have global rail passes through Eurail and are interested in reserving a 'couchette' ahead of time. Eurail is telling me that in order to upgrade to a cabin we need to either reserve when we get to Europe or find a travel agent. Considering this is during the peak of travel season over in Europe, we desperately would like to reserve well ahead of time. Does anyone have a travel agent in mind for this type of reservation? Any help would be appreciated.
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't take the train... It's done. We are taking it. But if you have any advice on how to reserve a cabin ahead of time please share. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary
Italy - Rome to Palermo - Need a travel agent for the overnight train!