Three of my friends and I will be traveling through Europe in July this year. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to Palermo. We all have global rail passes through Eurail and are interested in reserving a 'couchette' ahead of time. Eurail is telling me that in order to upgrade to a cabin we need to either reserve when we get to Europe or find a travel agent. Considering this is during the peak of travel season over in Europe, we desperately would like to reserve well ahead of time. Does anyone have a travel agent in mind for this type of reservation? Any help would be appreciated.
Please do not tell me that I shouldn't take the train... It's done. We are taking it. But if you have any advice on how to reserve a cabin ahead of time please share. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 2 Italy
- 3 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 4 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 5 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Canal du Midi
- 8 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 9 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 Rental car in Menton
- 12 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 13 Barcelona and...
- 14 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 15 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 16 February in Florence
- 17 Praiana to Positano
- 18 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 Family vacation to europe
- 22 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 23 Day in Madrid
- 24 charming cities in Spain
- 25 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
Italy - Rome to Palermo - Need a travel agent for the overnight train!