My wife and I will be in Italy for 10 nights in May. Arriving in Rome and thinking that first 3 nights in Rome would be good plan (have been there before) and probably our last night also in Rome for convenience to airport. Looking at Amalfi Coast/Sorrento area and thinking that four nights would seem about right to do there. Wondering if that does sound right; and if that leaves two other nights what might be options from Amalfi area?? Also wondering in going to Amalfi/Sorrento whether a car is desirable; or if train/bus travel may be the best bet.
Italy - Rome and Amalfi Coast help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 London hotel tax is 20%
- 4 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 5 Venice - boats on canals
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Venice, just arrived
- 8 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 9 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 10 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 11 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 12 Ghent or Paris?
- 13 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 14 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 15 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 16 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 17 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 18 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 19 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 20 Do trains run past midnight???
- 21 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 22 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 23 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 24 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 25 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip