I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 2 파워볼 배팅법 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 5 free international phone calls
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 10 France Study Abroad
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 Paris and Normandy
- 13 Sicily Beach Resort
- 14 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 15 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 16 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 17 Two days in Rome
- 18 Classical Tour of Albania
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 21 Anniversary trip to France
- 22 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 23 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 24 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 25 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany