I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 3 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Bruges
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 18 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 A week in the Occitanie
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany