I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 2 weeks Europe trip
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 7 Transportation
- 8 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 9 4 days in Provence in early June
- 10 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 11 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 15 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 dinner jackets
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 24 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 25 Things to do in Montpellier