I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://lumalifteye.com/zarrah-collagen-serum/
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?