I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 11 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 12 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 13 Greece
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like