I will be visiting Sorrento next year with my other half for a friends wedding and we have always wanted to do a bit of travellling in Italy. We will realistically probably only be able to spend max 2 weeks there, and the obvious choice is to drive the AC.
However we will be there in peak season and from what advice I've read, the roads are so busy that it wont be an enjoyable drive.
Just looking for some advice if anyone has done road trips around June/July, and also if anyone can advise any alternatives in the area? We would prefer to see some of the real Italy and visit smaller villages but I guess we would need to go more inland for that - we are not particularly looking to tick off a checklist of tourist areas, although at the same time we are not against it. Any tips welcome, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 7 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 15 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 20 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Tour of Northern Italy
- 23 Germany in December Trip Report
- 24 Naples, Italy
- 25 San Sebastian