We had a fabulous time in Paris and arrived in Florence earlier today amidst rains. We took the car from hertz and parked it in the open space available near our hotel near the airport. When we went to offload our luggage after dinner, we saw that there were damages in the front headlight and scratches below the head light. These were certainly not there when we took the car. We are shocked because we have barely driven 2 km and our car is damaged and it wasn't even because of our fault on some crazy countryside road as we were scared of before flying off. Anyway. We have CDW insurance as part of Italian car rental regulations and we booked through chase sapphire reserve card which has car rental insurance as well.
This is our first such situation and we don't know what to do now. We couldn't ascertain how this happened as there are no cameras on the road. The staff doesn't know anything either.
1. Who pays for this damage? We? Insurance company through hertz? Credit card? Full or partial reimbursement? Procedure? Claims?
2. Any documents we should get while we are in Italy that would be needed for insurance?
3. We are still near Florence airport and leave tomo morning. Should we go back to hertz at the airport and share this situation with them right away?
4. We don't want to waste our time with bureaucracy. But should we file a police report?
Anybody who has had similar situation or has expertise, please guide. Help needed. Bad way to start Italian trip after my talking up Italy for a while now in front of my husband and.... he is furious. First, the arrival was bad as we got drenched while getting out of the aircraft and waiting for / getting in and out of the shuttle bus that took us to the terminal, and even while waiting for the car rental shuttle even with umbrellas. Our gps was not catching the satellite. Our entire luggage arrived at the luggage belt dripping wet (and all our contents are wet!), then the shuttle for car rental arrived after 45 mins and not as per the frequency of 15 mins told by information counter. It kept pouring and we got further drenched and somehow got the car and got luggage in it. We thought we shall have a quick meal before everything shuts. And I don't expect much from any place at late night near airport location but our "frozen" pizza was microwaved in front of us and on top of that, my husband is feeling unwell after getting drenched in the rains. Sorry for the long rant. Please help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 2 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 3 2 weeks Europe trip
- 4 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 5 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 6 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 7 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 8 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 9 mountain views near London
- 10 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 15 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 23 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy