I just tried to post this & it didn't work, so forgive me if it somehow shows up twice. I am new to this forum, so just trying to figure out how to do this.
My question is regarding a trip to Europe that I am trying to plan for July or August of this year. It will be a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday. We enjoy history, art & architecture, nature, hiking, good food, wine, and experiencing different cultures, cities and small country towns.
I have to use frequent flier miles, so my airport choices are Rome, Madrid, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brussels, and Paris. I have been to Rome, Frankfurt, Paris, and London.
On this trip, I would like to go to Venice and the surrounding areas and the Italian Lakes (not sure where yet). I have come up with 2 possible itineraries, and I wanted to get some opinions:
Italy plus Spain or Austria/Germany?
- 1 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 2 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 3 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 4 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 5 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 6 Italian train question
- 7 Do and don't, eating in France
- 8 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 9 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 10 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 11 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 12 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 13 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 14 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 15 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 16 Paris Ticket t+
- 17 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 18 Paris museums free admission
- 19 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 20 Am I too fat too travel?
- 21 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 22 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 23 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 24 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 25 Travelling within Florence and to Siena