I am in the early stages of planning a trip for my partner and I to Italy in May 2012. No set dates yet. While I am sure I will have many questions that pop up between now and then, my first major hurdle to overcome is the decision of whether to attempt Rome, Venice, and Florence in a 12 - 14 (depending on FF miles availability) day trip or not. I am way leaning toward skipping Rome this time, to avoid "wasting" valuable time traveling from region to region. We are also not opposed to renting a car for day trips, etc. This is our first trip to Italy and it is for multiple special occassions - both have a milestone birthday next year, and it will also serve as a honeymoon so to speak.
Still working on the budget, which will change somewhat depending on the need to travel, or not, and the availability of hotel points, etc.
Thanks in advance to any and all for your insights.
Italy - May 2012
- 1 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 2 Places to visit from London
- 3 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 4 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 5 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 6 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 7 Do and don't, eating in France
- 8 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 9 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 10 Getting the best our of Europe
- 11 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 12 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 13 Paris museums free admission
- 14 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 15 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 16 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 Spain with kids
- 19 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 20 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 21 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 22 Meeting up at CDG
- 23 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 24 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 25 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?