This is a re-post.
With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you all so much!
My husband and I plan to slow travel from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland. We intend to travel South via towns like Senigallia.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria and probably back via France.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 3 Multi Country car Rental
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 6 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 9 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 10 Couscous
- 11 alcazar question and seville advice
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 London is it worth it?
- 14 Lisbon
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 Tuscany Itinerary
- 17 driving from London to Lourdes
- 18 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 19 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 22 Places to stop/stay?
- 23 Visit to Sardinia
- 24 ATM
- 25 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london