This is a re-post.
With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you all so much!
My husband and I plan to slow travel from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland. We intend to travel South via towns like Senigallia.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria and probably back via France.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in Montpellier
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 4 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 3 week trip with children
- 11 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 14 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 15 Italy in 11 Days
- 16 dinner jackets
- 17 French election
- 18 Leather goods in Florence
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train