This is a re-post.
With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you all so much!
My husband and I plan to slow travel from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland. We intend to travel South via towns like Senigallia.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria and probably back via France.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 10 days in Paris and......
- 5 Luggage Storage
- 6 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 7 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now