This is a re-post.
With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you all so much!
My husband and I plan to slow travel from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland. We intend to travel South via towns like Senigallia.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria and probably back via France.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 5 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 6 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 7 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 8 Train tickets in Italy?
- 9 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 15 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 16 Getting around Lisbon
- 17 Athens International airport
- 18 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 19 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 20 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 23 Cinqueterre
- 24 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 25 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system