Hoping for some suggestions, am open to all!
First trip to Italy for me and my girls (10-12), dad has been before as a teen!
At first he was planning multiple stops (Rome, Naples, Venice, Florence) which sounded a bit too much in one trip. Now he has invited some friends from Brazil who have small kids I am thinking a more focused trip will be a better solution.
So given the following what would you recommend, please?
We arrive from DFW in FCO late pm July 4, 2013 for approx 12 days (some flex)
I assume we see
-ROME (which sites to prioritize? Hotel or apartment (need 5 bedrooms))
-MUST SEE? POMPEII (my 12 year is fascinated and has done much research on this!)
-I wondered about dividing time (about 12 days) in 2 with second half perhaps on Almafi coast in rental home with pool just to soak in the culture food etc
What are your thoughts, please? - The other 2 families have 2 * 2 year olds and a 6 year old, so obviously we will not try to do sightseeing together all the time but want to enjoy the conviviality of time in Italy together hence thoughts of renting homes in 2 locations. (they may bring a nanny in which case this would be less of an issue)
Of course I would love to see Venice & Florence and this may be possible from one of our set locations for a day or overnight, but with several different restrictions I realize this may not be possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning