We will have 10 days to spend in Italy from Nov29 through Dec10, on our way to India.
We have been there before - to Rome Florence, Sienna,Venice, Naples, Amalfi coast.
This time we are arriving in Milan in the evening and would like to take a train the next morning to Florence - and visit Orvietto and other interesting places nearby,
Is it better to stay near Milan airport or the Centrale Location. we would like to leave our heavier bags back and backpack and wondering if the hotel will let us do that., since on our return we will stay at the same place.
What are the must see places this time around? Bologna? Is Sicily possible?
Not many museums, we just want to wander around taking the sights, and eat well!
Any suggestions/advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Germany train help!
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 17 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 18 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 19 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 20 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 21 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 25 Novels about Spain and Spanish history