We will have 10 days to spend in Italy from Nov29 through Dec10, on our way to India.
We have been there before - to Rome Florence, Sienna,Venice, Naples, Amalfi coast.
This time we are arriving in Milan in the evening and would like to take a train the next morning to Florence - and visit Orvietto and other interesting places nearby,
Is it better to stay near Milan airport or the Centrale Location. we would like to leave our heavier bags back and backpack and wondering if the hotel will let us do that., since on our return we will stay at the same place.
What are the must see places this time around? Bologna? Is Sicily possible?
Not many museums, we just want to wander around taking the sights, and eat well!
Any suggestions/advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Best Viking Sites
- 4 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 5 Greece
- 6 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 7 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 8 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 Chania
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 Ex-pats with young kids
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome