We will have 10 days to spend in Italy from Nov29 through Dec10, on our way to India.
We have been there before - to Rome Florence, Sienna,Venice, Naples, Amalfi coast.
This time we are arriving in Milan in the evening and would like to take a train the next morning to Florence - and visit Orvietto and other interesting places nearby,
Is it better to stay near Milan airport or the Centrale Location. we would like to leave our heavier bags back and backpack and wondering if the hotel will let us do that., since on our return we will stay at the same place.
What are the must see places this time around? Bologna? Is Sicily possible?
Not many museums, we just want to wander around taking the sights, and eat well!
Any suggestions/advice appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini