hi fodorites -
i have 2 weeks (14-15 days) in italy in last week of aug + first week of sep and would like to get your opinion on the itinerary as it stands so far:
rome (with possible day trip to pompeii) - 4 nights
florence (with possible day trip to siena) - 4 nights
venice - 2 nights
lake como (with possible day trip to lugano) - 4 nights
what do you think about the number of nights in each place and the day trips?
what town in como area do you recommend? we are in our mid-30s, low maintenance, enjoy scenery, relaxing, not into partying.
italy itinerary for comments
hi fodorites -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 2 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 6 London - Site List Triage -
- 7 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 8 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 9 Cell phones in Ireland
- 10 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 14 Priceline for London hotels
- 15 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 16 Ireland itinerary
- 17 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 18 Fjords, How To?
- 19 Istanbul Itinerary
- 20 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 21 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?