My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time, and it would be great to get a little feedback on our itinerary.
Feb 12: Arrive in Rome (~11am)
Feb 13: Rome (Coloseum, Forum, etc)
Feb 14: Rome (Vatican City)
Feb 15: Day trip to Pompeii via Naples
Feb 16: Train to Florence (Santa Croce)
Feb 17: Florence (Uffizi, Accademia)
Feb 18: Day trip to Pisa & Siena OR tour that would hit Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano
Feb 19: Train to Venice
Feb 20: Venice
Feb 21: Depart for US
We know that Pompeii will be a long day, but I think I'd really regret not going. I was a classical archaeology minor in college.
I'm pretty unsure about the day trip from Florence. We found a tour for about 100 Euro/pp, but we're open to doing pretty much anything. We decided to take the day out of town because it's a Monday and so many things are closed. Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?
I'd like to find some kind of fun/interesting walking tour in Rome. Not necessarily a ghost walk, but something kind of along those lines. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Any advice at all would be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies