My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time, and it would be great to get a little feedback on our itinerary.
Feb 12: Arrive in Rome (~11am)
Feb 13: Rome (Coloseum, Forum, etc)
Feb 14: Rome (Vatican City)
Feb 15: Day trip to Pompeii via Naples
Feb 16: Train to Florence (Santa Croce)
Feb 17: Florence (Uffizi, Accademia)
Feb 18: Day trip to Pisa & Siena OR tour that would hit Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano
Feb 19: Train to Venice
Feb 20: Venice
Feb 21: Depart for US
We know that Pompeii will be a long day, but I think I'd really regret not going. I was a classical archaeology minor in college.
I'm pretty unsure about the day trip from Florence. We found a tour for about 100 Euro/pp, but we're open to doing pretty much anything. We decided to take the day out of town because it's a Monday and so many things are closed. Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?
I'd like to find some kind of fun/interesting walking tour in Rome. Not necessarily a ghost walk, but something kind of along those lines. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Any advice at all would be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon - a few tips
- 2 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 3 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 12 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 13 European Vacation 2017
- 14 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Need help in completing trip details
- 17 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 18 Which area to stay in London
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!