My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time, and it would be great to get a little feedback on our itinerary.
Feb 12: Arrive in Rome (~11am)
Feb 13: Rome (Coloseum, Forum, etc)
Feb 14: Rome (Vatican City)
Feb 15: Day trip to Pompeii via Naples
Feb 16: Train to Florence (Santa Croce)
Feb 17: Florence (Uffizi, Accademia)
Feb 18: Day trip to Pisa & Siena OR tour that would hit Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano
Feb 19: Train to Venice
Feb 20: Venice
Feb 21: Depart for US
We know that Pompeii will be a long day, but I think I'd really regret not going. I was a classical archaeology minor in college.
I'm pretty unsure about the day trip from Florence. We found a tour for about 100 Euro/pp, but we're open to doing pretty much anything. We decided to take the day out of town because it's a Monday and so many things are closed. Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?
I'd like to find some kind of fun/interesting walking tour in Rome. Not necessarily a ghost walk, but something kind of along those lines. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Any advice at all would be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 2 Vacation
- 3 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 4 Walking itinerary in England?
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 7 Dog friendly hotels
- 8 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 9 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 14 No Periods in British Written English!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Madrid/Lisbon
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 24 Killarney
- 25 First time in Bulgaria