My husband and I are traveling to Italy for the first time, and it would be great to get a little feedback on our itinerary.
Feb 12: Arrive in Rome (~11am)
Feb 13: Rome (Coloseum, Forum, etc)
Feb 14: Rome (Vatican City)
Feb 15: Day trip to Pompeii via Naples
Feb 16: Train to Florence (Santa Croce)
Feb 17: Florence (Uffizi, Accademia)
Feb 18: Day trip to Pisa & Siena OR tour that would hit Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano
Feb 19: Train to Venice
Feb 20: Venice
Feb 21: Depart for US
We know that Pompeii will be a long day, but I think I'd really regret not going. I was a classical archaeology minor in college.
I'm pretty unsure about the day trip from Florence. We found a tour for about 100 Euro/pp, but we're open to doing pretty much anything. We decided to take the day out of town because it's a Monday and so many things are closed. Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?
I'd like to find some kind of fun/interesting walking tour in Rome. Not necessarily a ghost walk, but something kind of along those lines. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Any advice at all would be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 2 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 3 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 4 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 5 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 6 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 11 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 14 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 19 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 20 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up