We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Italy itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 rail pass
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Great restaurants in Italy
- 8 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 9 Age for booking a hotel?
- 10 Germany for 3 weeks
- 11 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 12 The Vatican Latest
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 April in Madrid
- 17 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 18 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 19 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 20 Renting an apt.
- 21 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 22 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Germany and Switzerland