We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 2 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 3 Help! Honeymooning in Europe?
- 4 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 5 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 6 Iceland/July/2014
- 7 How to get to Mallorca
- 8 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 9 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 10 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 13 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 14 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 15 4 days in Scotland
- 16 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 17 Switzerland 5 days
- 18 Finalizing Itinerary
- 19 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 20 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 21 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 22 Dublin to Dingle?
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 25 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction