We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Italy itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 2 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 3 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 4 Calling home from abroad
- 5 Dordogne in October
- 6 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 7 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 8 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 9 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 10 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 13 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 14 Paris first then where?
- 15 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 16 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 17 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 18 CROATIA SPLIT
- 19 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 20 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 23 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 24 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 25 Stay away from EF Tours