We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Italy itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 2 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 3 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 4 France in October
- 5 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 6 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 7 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 8 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 11 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 12 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 16 Tipping in the UK
- 17 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 18 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 19 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 20 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 21 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 22 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 25 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia