We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 Alps Drive
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 Paris cooking classes
- 17 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Praiano
- 24 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 25 Help please