We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Italy itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 3 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 4 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 5 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 6 Hey Fodor's
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 9 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 10 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 11 Advice please...
- 12 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 13 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 14 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 15 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 16 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 17 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 18 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 22 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 23 Ireland Bus tours
- 24 Bus Tour/Ireland
- 25 Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!