We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 2 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 PARIS
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Germany or Sweden
- 16 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 17 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Greek Village
- 20 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece