We have not been to Italy for 8 years. We are meeting friends there in late Sept. (20-21) thru Oct. 8 who have never been there before. This is what they have suggested as an itinerary...Italy is part of a 5 week European trip for them...
9/20-23 Venice, then train to Rome
9/26-27 Rent car, travel to Amalfi Coast - Positano, Sorrento, Pompeii
9/28-10/1 Drive to Tuscany - various day trips...maybe base in Florence - see Lucca, Sienna, Pisa
10/2-5 Drive to Provence (they wanted to spend a few days there)
10/6-8 Drive to Milan and leave from Milan
Our questions are:
Do you think this is doable?
What, if any, changes would you suggest?
Any suggestions on where to base in Tuscany, in Provence and the Amalfi Coast and what town/sights to highlight.(Tuscany/train, Provence&Amalfi Coast/car)
Any suggestions on accommodations? We would like to have a central location, clean, and reasonably priced (how are the prices now - what would be realistic?) in Venice, Milan, Rome, Provence?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Itinerary
- 2 European Championship
- 3 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 4 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 7 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 8 Amsterdam vs. France
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 11 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 12 Ireland ToDo
- 13 1 week in Malaga
- 14 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 15 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 16 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 17 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 18 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 19 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Two weeks in Athens and Cyclades
- 22 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 23 Amsterdam Hotel
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...