We are soon embarking on our Italy trip. Thanks to you all so far that have contributed so much to help define the locations we are travelling to. However, with all of our accommodation and travel booked, we have embarked on booking some activities.
I would appreciate any advice people have on activities in the various locations we are staying. While the locations and dates themselves are locked in, as is all of the travel between, we have not locked in a lot of what we are going to do in each location. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Hopefully the formatting is retained here. As you can see, we sort of have a full 26 days on the ground, with some of those days being half days travelling (or slightly longer in the case of Ischia --> Rome).
1 Thu, June 11: Flying from Sydney
2 Fri, June 12: Arrive Rome, train to Salerno
3 Sat, June 13: Salerno (5 nights); pick up hire car
4 Sun, June 14: Salerno; visit Pompeii
5 Mon, June 15: Salerno; visit Herculaneum, Naples
6 Tue, June 16: Salerno; visit Paestrum + Buffalo mozzarella visit
7 Wed, June 17: Salerno; visit Vietri sul Mare, Rivello, Amalfi
8 Thu, June 18: Positano (2 nights); travel to Positano from Salerno and relax
9 Fri, June 19: Positano; relax
10 Sat, June 20: Capri (2 nights); Travel to Capri from Positano in morning
11 Sun, June 21: Capri
12 Mon, June 22: Ischia (2 nights); Travel to Ischia from Capri in morning
13 Tue, June 23: Ischia
14 Wed, June 24: Rome (5 nights); Travel to Rome via Naples in morning
15 Thu, June 25: Rome
16 Fri, June 26: Rome; Trastevere food tour in evening
17 Sat, June 27: Rome
18 Sun, June 28: Rome
19 Mon, June 29: Bologna (3 nights); Travel to Bologna in morning
20 Tue, June 30: Bologna; food tour (hopefully Italian Days)
21 Wed, July 1: Bologna
22 Thu, July 2: Venice (4 nights); Travel to Venice in morning
23 Frid, July 3: Venice
24 Sat, July 4 : Venice
25 Sun, July 5: Venice
26 Mon, July 6: Milan (3 nights); Travel to Milan in morning
27 Tue, July 7: Milan
28 Wed, July 8: Milan
29 Thu, July 9: Milan (fly at 10pm)
30 Fri, July 10: Flying to Sydney
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Berlin to ?
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 15 Maximizing Norway time
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 19 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 3 days solo in London
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Scotland