My husband and I are going to Italy in July for about 2 weeks. Here is what we are thinking:
Day 1- Fly into Venice check into hotel, get a lay of the land
Day 2- tour Venice
Day 3- train to Florence, check into hotel, explore
Day 4-5 Florence
Day 6- pick up car in Florence- drive into Tuscan county side, check into home base
Day 7-9 Tuscany
Day 10- Drop off car, train to Rome
Day 11-14 Rome
Day 15- Fly home from Rome
This is a very loose itinerary. I want to know if the timing of things makes sense. I am also curious about car rental. Should we rent in Florence and drive into a hill town? I would like to stay in one place in Tuscany and make day trips, which is why we wanted a car. We want to go to Siena, but we are open to other suggestions. We love food and would love to tour a place that makes cheese or olive oil. We would like to tour a winery or 2, but mostly take it all in and relax, go on nice walks. Where should we drop off the car and hop on a train to Rome?
Should we spend an extra day in Florence and one less in Rome? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 vegetarian in spain
- 3 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 15 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 Imbros Gorge
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 21 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 22 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 25 38 Days in Paris