My husband and I are going to Italy in July for about 2 weeks. Here is what we are thinking:
Day 1- Fly into Venice check into hotel, get a lay of the land
Day 2- tour Venice
Day 3- train to Florence, check into hotel, explore
Day 4-5 Florence
Day 6- pick up car in Florence- drive into Tuscan county side, check into home base
Day 7-9 Tuscany
Day 10- Drop off car, train to Rome
Day 11-14 Rome
Day 15- Fly home from Rome
This is a very loose itinerary. I want to know if the timing of things makes sense. I am also curious about car rental. Should we rent in Florence and drive into a hill town? I would like to stay in one place in Tuscany and make day trips, which is why we wanted a car. We want to go to Siena, but we are open to other suggestions. We love food and would love to tour a place that makes cheese or olive oil. We would like to tour a winery or 2, but mostly take it all in and relax, go on nice walks. Where should we drop off the car and hop on a train to Rome?
Should we spend an extra day in Florence and one less in Rome? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 2 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 3 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Transportation Question Italy
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Germany deregistration
- 10 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 11 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 12 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 13 One day in Lille, France
- 14 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 15 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 16 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 17 Corsica
- 18 CDG to Marais transfer
- 19 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 20 London best location
- 21 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 22 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 23 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 24 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges