My husband and I are going to Italy in July for about 2 weeks. Here is what we are thinking:
Day 1- Fly into Venice check into hotel, get a lay of the land
Day 2- tour Venice
Day 3- train to Florence, check into hotel, explore
Day 4-5 Florence
Day 6- pick up car in Florence- drive into Tuscan county side, check into home base
Day 7-9 Tuscany
Day 10- Drop off car, train to Rome
Day 11-14 Rome
Day 15- Fly home from Rome
This is a very loose itinerary. I want to know if the timing of things makes sense. I am also curious about car rental. Should we rent in Florence and drive into a hill town? I would like to stay in one place in Tuscany and make day trips, which is why we wanted a car. We want to go to Siena, but we are open to other suggestions. We love food and would love to tour a place that makes cheese or olive oil. We would like to tour a winery or 2, but mostly take it all in and relax, go on nice walks. Where should we drop off the car and hop on a train to Rome?
Should we spend an extra day in Florence and one less in Rome? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 4 where to stay in London?
- 5 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Flamenco in October
- 9 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 4 days itinerary for France
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 19 Revised itinerary for italy
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 Places of interest