Apologies that I separated the queries because I don't wanna complicate things.
I would like to know which makes more sense.
I will be from Venice (previously from Switz). I have an option to stay in Venice on the 25th October or follow my family to Milan where they will fly off back home.
I plan to go to Salzburg, then Vienna.
However geographically wise, entering Austria from Milan would be such a waste of time since Venice is nearer. So far, this is what I gather from all the stuff I read. Problem is would the train connections be troublesome or expensive here as compared to perhaps, Milan-Innsbruck-Salzburg?
Can someone advice me on this? Which is the wiser choice to make? Stay put in V or go to M and take it from there?
All things good,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 2 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 3 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 8 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 Help with Ireland Trip
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 13 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 14 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 15 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 16 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 17 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 18 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 19 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 22 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 23 Iceland trip report!
- 24 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France