My wife and I are planning a month in Italy in January. We have been to Florence, Venice and Rome and picked this time to avoid crowds and experience the "real" Itlay. We plan to start in Bologna and work our way to Sicily by train and buses. I've read very little about Italy in winter besides how to prepare for the weather. I'd like some itinerary suggestions with emphasis on the smaller cities and towns.
Italy in winter
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 2 Venice - things to do?
- 3 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 4 Sardinia but only 4 days..
- 5 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 6 Naples and Salerno
- 7 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 8 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 9 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 10 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 11 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 12 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 13 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 14 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 15 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 16 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 17 Day on the Rhine
- 18 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 19 Spain Itinerary
- 20 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 21 GYTHION and MYSTRAS
- 22 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 23 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 24 Rental Car in Paris
- 25 Bernina and Glacier Express routes