My wife and I are planning a month in Italy in January. We have been to Florence, Venice and Rome and picked this time to avoid crowds and experience the "real" Itlay. We plan to start in Bologna and work our way to Sicily by train and buses. I've read very little about Italy in winter besides how to prepare for the weather. I'd like some itinerary suggestions with emphasis on the smaller cities and towns.
Italy in winter
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Family European winter holiday
- 2 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 6 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Traveling within Italy
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Florence in October
- 16 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 London at Easter
- 19 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 25 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014