My wife and I are planning a month in Italy in January. We have been to Florence, Venice and Rome and picked this time to avoid crowds and experience the "real" Itlay. We plan to start in Bologna and work our way to Sicily by train and buses. I've read very little about Italy in winter besides how to prepare for the weather. I'd like some itinerary suggestions with emphasis on the smaller cities and towns.
Italy in winter
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 7 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 8 Bregenz or Lindau
- 9 Weekend in Norfolk
- 10 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 13 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 23 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary