Because my wife and I have been fortunate enough to have visited Europe twice over the past two years, our daughter has asked our advice for her upcoming trip.
Only problem is that, being a school teacher in Australia, the only time she is able to travel for any length of time is during January. Our travels have always been through May and June.
Could we please get some help from your knowledgeable fodorites regarding travelling through Italy in January?
My D (22) and her partner (25) plan to travel to Venice, Florence, Sorrento and Rome.
We need advice on what type of weather to expect (snow, rain - any clear days), and what attractions might then be closed - David, Sistine Chapel, Pompeii ruins, Capri etc.
Also, what can they expect as far as walking around Venice, St Mark's Square, taking a gondola on the canals etc.
Any is it likely to be more or less difficult to find accommodation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and regards, Steve
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Watch "The Emoji Movie" 2017 Online hd-free full download#
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 2017 Online hd-free
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Europe itinerary help!
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 16 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 17 Best Greek Island
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION