My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Italy in March/April with 6 month old baby
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 2 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Small group for Colosseum
- 5 SIM card for eastern europe
- 6 Munich and Dachau
- 7 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 8 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 11 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 12 London visit
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 15 21 Days in Central Europe
- 16 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 19 Duoro river cruises
- 20 car rental advice in Portugal
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 23 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 24 Eurostar booking
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son