My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Italy in March/April with 6 month old baby
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 2 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 3 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 4 CDG questions
- 5 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 6 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 7 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 8 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 9 France to Italy advice needed please
- 10 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 11 A Week in Spain
- 12 When to buy companion ticket?
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 South of Switzerland
- 15 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 16 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 Things to do in/around Milan
- 19 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 20 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 21 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 22 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 23 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 24 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip