My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Iceland
- 5 Frankfurt to UK
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 24 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!