My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Italy in March/April with 6 month old baby
- 1 Prague Main Train Station
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 4 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 5 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 6 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 7 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 10 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 11 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 12 Frankfurt Macarons
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 15 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 16 Trieste as a day trip?
- 17 Any stay at first hotel reisen?
- 18 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 19 Venice in Jan
- 20 Trieste as a day trip?
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Lucerne & Zurich
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Trip around Spain
- 25 Lake como