My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Italy in March/April with 6 month old baby
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 2 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 3 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 5 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 6 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 7 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 8 Monet's Giverny
- 9 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 10 Cookware in France
- 11 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 12 apartment
- 13 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 14 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 15 Vaucluse Lavander
- 16 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 17 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 18 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 19 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 20 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 21 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 22 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 23 Ireland train system: first class??
- 24 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report