My husband and I just came up with the idea of doing a European vacation while I am on maternity leave. We were thinking of doing something in the range of 10-14 days (he has limited vacation days at work). I am still just a few days into researching this -- and thinking that Italy, Spain, Southern France or Greece would be best based on trying to get some decent weather while we're there. So far we're leaning towards Italy just because it's what I can find the most about online. We've both travelled a bit in Europe, but not to Italy, Spain or Greece.
We usually like to split our time between cities/sightseeing and seeing some countryside when we travel... so we don't want to spread our time too thin over multiple stops but we also don't want to spend a whole week in any one city just because there is a lot to see there. I've accepted that we never see it all in any city we visit.
Just looking for anyone's thoughts on itineraries (maybe there are some online that I am just not finding), best destinations, etc. We will be doing this on a tight budget so that may also limit the number of different stops we make, I'd like to avoid car rental or limit it to only part of the vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multi-Generation Trip
- 2 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 3 How hot are Naxos and Paros at the end of August?
- 4 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 5 Itinerary help! First time to Italy
- 6 Cotswolds: Wheatsheaf Inn, NorthLeach or Rectory, Crudwell
- 7 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 8 Florence sites in a day and a half? with guide?
- 9 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 10 Euro Quiz # 110 - Potpourri
- 11 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 12 Central Europe - Kid Question
- 13 copenhagen
- 14 Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands in 20 days (Itinerary check!)
- 15 Tirano train station
- 16 London - Hotel recommendations Classic Non-Scene
- 17 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 18 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 20 Buckfast Abbey Brews Up a Brouhahah!
- 21 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 22 Where to go in Greece ?
- 23 Time to go through customs in Glascow, Scotland
- 24 Traffic ticket from Italy was paid last year and now got another!!!
- 25 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania