We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 5 Lake Maggiore
- 6 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 7 Bootcut jeans
- 8 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 9 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 10 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 11 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 12 Amsterdam Transit
- 13 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 14 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 15 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 16 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 17 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 18 UK train question
- 19 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 20 Day trip suggestion from London
- 21 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 22 Day Trip near Paris
- 23 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 24 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 25 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?