We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 3 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 4 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 5 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 10 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 11 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 12 Retiring to Southern France
- 13 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 18 Brief trip report Naples
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 23 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 24 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 25 Private transportation