We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Italy in March | Tips & help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend in Norfolk
- 2 Athens at New Years
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 7 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 8 Cotswold Churches
- 9 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 10 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 11 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 12 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 13 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 14 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 15 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 London Trip Travel
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 St Germain