We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 3 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 4 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 5 Basque country ideas
- 6 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 7 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 First trip to Italy
- 10 CHEAP SAFARIS TO TANZANIA
- 11 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 12 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 13 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 14 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 15 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 16 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 17 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 18 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 19 20 Days in Europe
- 20 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 21 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 22 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 23 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 24 Travel vs. Babies
- 25 Safe to bring jewelry onboard