We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Italy in March | Tips & help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 2 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 6 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 10 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 11 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 15 Paris November 2014
- 16 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 Traveling in France by train
- 20 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 21 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 22 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??