We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 3 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 4 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Ischia
- 7 Santorini lodging
- 8 9 days in London
- 9 What do after Bernia Express?
- 10 Germany family road trip help!
- 11 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 16 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 17 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 18 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 19 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 20 Lyon
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice