We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Italy in March | Tips & help with Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 2 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 gites de france or agritourism
- 9 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 13 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Nice or Marseille??
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Dresden or Leipzig
- 19 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 24 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?