We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 3 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 Zadar or Sibenik
- 6 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 7 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 8 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 9 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 12 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 15 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 16 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 17 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 21 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 22 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Milos beach stay
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)