We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ballet Bolshoi
- 2 Belgian airports
- 3 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 4 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 7 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 8 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 11 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 12 Greece Travel Advice
- 13 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 14 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 European Championship
- 17 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 18 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 19 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 20 Normandy - driving trip
- 21 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 22 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 25 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon