My daughter is studying in Florence this semester and my husband, 2 teenage daughters and I will be going for 11 days the last part of March to visit her, finishing on Easter Sunday. This is MY 3rd trip to Italy. Our plans so far are to start in Rome for 3 days, train to Florence for 4 days, day trips to Venice and Sienna and maybe Cinque Terre if weather permits. That leaves me with the 2nd weekend, Easter. We think we should avoid Rome because of the crowds. I have never seen the southern part of Italy, ie Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi Coast. I am looking for recommendations of how to fill that last weekend. Do we spend the time traveling that far south? Where do we stay? Do we need to rent a car? How much time do we need there? Is there somewhere else you would recommend seeing instead of the south? I don't think we will travel to Capri... Thanks!!
Italy in March and where to go
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 3 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 4 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 5 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 flea markets in France
- 8 What to wear
- 9 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 10 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 13 Spain tips beyond safety
- 14 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 15 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 16 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 21 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 25 Madrid and London