My daughter is studying in Florence this semester and my husband, 2 teenage daughters and I will be going for 11 days the last part of March to visit her, finishing on Easter Sunday. This is MY 3rd trip to Italy. Our plans so far are to start in Rome for 3 days, train to Florence for 4 days, day trips to Venice and Sienna and maybe Cinque Terre if weather permits. That leaves me with the 2nd weekend, Easter. We think we should avoid Rome because of the crowds. I have never seen the southern part of Italy, ie Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi Coast. I am looking for recommendations of how to fill that last weekend. Do we spend the time traveling that far south? Where do we stay? Do we need to rent a car? How much time do we need there? Is there somewhere else you would recommend seeing instead of the south? I don't think we will travel to Capri... Thanks!!
Italy in March and where to go
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 3 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 7 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 8 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 nearby cities to london
- 11 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 23 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days