I need some help planning my trip to Italy.
I arrive in Naples on 25/12/15 from madrid around 5:30pm and I fly out of Venice back home to Mumbai, India at 2:30pm on 04/01/2016.
I intend to visit Rome , Florence, Pisa(day trip) and venice.
I have a few questions:
1) where should i celebrate the new year? I'll be traveling on a tight budget ,planning to stay in hostels .
I've checked out the bed prices in rome around that time and i find it to be quite expensive (50-70€ for a bed in a dormitory .. Too expensive).. I'm thinking of celebrating it in Florence.. Any suggestions ? .. I am not looking for a fancy diner .. Maybe have a couple of drinks with the locals , enjoy the fireworks and dance and make new friends.
2) i intend to pre book the train tickets as I'm getting promo fares at the moment. But I'm not sure if my itinerary is doable and its correct..
3) are the buses better than train cost wise and time wise ?
4) how cold will it be ? I'm not used to cold weather..
25/12 : arrive in naples
26/12: naples( Pompeii)
27/12-29/12 : rome
30/12-01/01: florence with day trip to pisa
1/1-3/1 : venice
4/1: flight back home from venice.
A bit about me :
I'm 27 years old, vegetarian (tips for good vegetarian food and restaurants in Italy) , i wouldn't mind skipping the museums .. Not a big fan of art and museums. I'm happy to stroll around and get lost walking streets and little towns along the way.
Thank you all so much in advance for the responses and taking the time to read my large post
Look forward to reading all your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 Alps Drive
- 4 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 5 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 13 Paris cooking classes
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 18 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Praiano
- 21 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 22 Help please
- 23 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan