I need some help planning my trip to Italy.
I arrive in Naples on 25/12/15 from madrid around 5:30pm and I fly out of Venice back home to Mumbai, India at 2:30pm on 04/01/2016.
I intend to visit Rome , Florence, Pisa(day trip) and venice.
I have a few questions:
1) where should i celebrate the new year? I'll be traveling on a tight budget ,planning to stay in hostels .
I've checked out the bed prices in rome around that time and i find it to be quite expensive (50-70€ for a bed in a dormitory .. Too expensive).. I'm thinking of celebrating it in Florence.. Any suggestions ? .. I am not looking for a fancy diner .. Maybe have a couple of drinks with the locals , enjoy the fireworks and dance and make new friends.
2) i intend to pre book the train tickets as I'm getting promo fares at the moment. But I'm not sure if my itinerary is doable and its correct..
3) are the buses better than train cost wise and time wise ?
4) how cold will it be ? I'm not used to cold weather..
25/12 : arrive in naples
26/12: naples( Pompeii)
27/12-29/12 : rome
30/12-01/01: florence with day trip to pisa
1/1-3/1 : venice
4/1: flight back home from venice.
A bit about me :
I'm 27 years old, vegetarian (tips for good vegetarian food and restaurants in Italy) , i wouldn't mind skipping the museums .. Not a big fan of art and museums. I'm happy to stroll around and get lost walking streets and little towns along the way.
Thank you all so much in advance for the responses and taking the time to read my large post
Look forward to reading all your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 2 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 6 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 12 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 13 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 14 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Italy in a week
- 19 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 24 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?