I need some help planning my trip to Italy.
I arrive in Naples on 25/12/15 from madrid around 5:30pm and I fly out of Venice back home to Mumbai, India at 2:30pm on 04/01/2016.
I intend to visit Rome , Florence, Pisa(day trip) and venice.
I have a few questions:
1) where should i celebrate the new year? I'll be traveling on a tight budget ,planning to stay in hostels .
I've checked out the bed prices in rome around that time and i find it to be quite expensive (50-70€ for a bed in a dormitory .. Too expensive).. I'm thinking of celebrating it in Florence.. Any suggestions ? .. I am not looking for a fancy diner .. Maybe have a couple of drinks with the locals , enjoy the fireworks and dance and make new friends.
2) i intend to pre book the train tickets as I'm getting promo fares at the moment. But I'm not sure if my itinerary is doable and its correct..
3) are the buses better than train cost wise and time wise ?
4) how cold will it be ? I'm not used to cold weather..
25/12 : arrive in naples
26/12: naples( Pompeii)
27/12-29/12 : rome
30/12-01/01: florence with day trip to pisa
1/1-3/1 : venice
4/1: flight back home from venice.
A bit about me :
I'm 27 years old, vegetarian (tips for good vegetarian food and restaurants in Italy) , i wouldn't mind skipping the museums .. Not a big fan of art and museums. I'm happy to stroll around and get lost walking streets and little towns along the way.
Thank you all so much in advance for the responses and taking the time to read my large post
Look forward to reading all your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 2 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 14 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Acorn TV
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016