I need some help planning my trip to Italy.
I arrive in Naples on 25/12/15 from madrid around 5:30pm and I fly out of Venice back home to Mumbai, India at 2:30pm on 04/01/2016.
I intend to visit Rome , Florence, Pisa(day trip) and venice.
I have a few questions:
1) where should i celebrate the new year? I'll be traveling on a tight budget ,planning to stay in hostels .
I've checked out the bed prices in rome around that time and i find it to be quite expensive (50-70€ for a bed in a dormitory .. Too expensive).. I'm thinking of celebrating it in Florence.. Any suggestions ? .. I am not looking for a fancy diner .. Maybe have a couple of drinks with the locals , enjoy the fireworks and dance and make new friends.
2) i intend to pre book the train tickets as I'm getting promo fares at the moment. But I'm not sure if my itinerary is doable and its correct..
3) are the buses better than train cost wise and time wise ?
4) how cold will it be ? I'm not used to cold weather..
25/12 : arrive in naples
26/12: naples( Pompeii)
27/12-29/12 : rome
30/12-01/01: florence with day trip to pisa
1/1-3/1 : venice
4/1: flight back home from venice.
A bit about me :
I'm 27 years old, vegetarian (tips for good vegetarian food and restaurants in Italy) , i wouldn't mind skipping the museums .. Not a big fan of art and museums. I'm happy to stroll around and get lost walking streets and little towns along the way.
Thank you all so much in advance for the responses and taking the time to read my large post
Look forward to reading all your advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 base in brussels
- 3 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 4 Rome or Venice first
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 11 One free day in Barcelona
- 12 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 13 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 16 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Lille Braderie 2017
- 19 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 20 Apartment Montreux area
- 21 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 22 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 25 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna