My finance and I are going to Italy for four weeks beginning in the second week of May. We are flying into Milan and out of Paris (we are planning to spend 2-5 nights in Paris depending on our itinerary). Currently our plan is as follows:
Fly into Milan (arrive around noon) take the train to Como then Bus/Boat to Bellagio
-We are debating whether to spend a night in Milan, the Universal Expo is going on this summer, so hotel availability is limited/expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Bellagio (4 nights)
-We picked this location because we wanted a pretty, relaxing start to the trip with the opportunity for day trips around Lake Como
-Is 4 nights too long/too short??
-Is there another town (near Lake Garda or in Lombardy that is a better pick?)
Leave Bellagio by bus/train
(travel to Milan by train and then either straight to Florence or spend 1-3 nights in Emilo, Bologna or Parma-Fiance is excited about the food)
Florence (3 nights)
-Make reservations to see the Uffizi
-Any recommendations about less touristy places to stay (not adverse to walking long distances/taking public transit to historic district)
-Rent car after 3 days and drive to Chianti region
Chianti (4 nights)
-Drive to different wineries
-Day trip to Sienna
-Return Car to Florence and take train to Rome
Rome (3 nights)
-See the sites
-Train/Bus to Ravenna (?)
Amalfi Coast (5 nights)
-travel by train to Naples
-Fly out of Naples for Paris (we are planning on flying budget from Naples, and haven't booked the flight yet, so our dates are flexible)
Paris (5 nights)
-Are there any regions that we are missing that you feel are worth the trip??? We've considered Genoa, Cinque Terre or stopping along the coast in a less-tourist centric area to spend a few nights???
Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 2 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 23 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 24 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 25 Road trip with our dog