My finance and I are going to Italy for four weeks beginning in the second week of May. We are flying into Milan and out of Paris (we are planning to spend 2-5 nights in Paris depending on our itinerary). Currently our plan is as follows:
Fly into Milan (arrive around noon) take the train to Como then Bus/Boat to Bellagio
-We are debating whether to spend a night in Milan, the Universal Expo is going on this summer, so hotel availability is limited/expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Bellagio (4 nights)
-We picked this location because we wanted a pretty, relaxing start to the trip with the opportunity for day trips around Lake Como
-Is 4 nights too long/too short??
-Is there another town (near Lake Garda or in Lombardy that is a better pick?)
Leave Bellagio by bus/train
(travel to Milan by train and then either straight to Florence or spend 1-3 nights in Emilo, Bologna or Parma-Fiance is excited about the food)
Florence (3 nights)
-Make reservations to see the Uffizi
-Any recommendations about less touristy places to stay (not adverse to walking long distances/taking public transit to historic district)
-Rent car after 3 days and drive to Chianti region
Chianti (4 nights)
-Drive to different wineries
-Day trip to Sienna
-Return Car to Florence and take train to Rome
Rome (3 nights)
-See the sites
-Train/Bus to Ravenna (?)
Amalfi Coast (5 nights)
-travel by train to Naples
-Fly out of Naples for Paris (we are planning on flying budget from Naples, and haven't booked the flight yet, so our dates are flexible)
Paris (5 nights)
-Are there any regions that we are missing that you feel are worth the trip??? We've considered Genoa, Cinque Terre or stopping along the coast in a less-tourist centric area to spend a few nights???
Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Happy birthday ATM
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy