My finance and I are going to Italy for four weeks beginning in the second week of May. We are flying into Milan and out of Paris (we are planning to spend 2-5 nights in Paris depending on our itinerary). Currently our plan is as follows:
Fly into Milan (arrive around noon) take the train to Como then Bus/Boat to Bellagio
-We are debating whether to spend a night in Milan, the Universal Expo is going on this summer, so hotel availability is limited/expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Bellagio (4 nights)
-We picked this location because we wanted a pretty, relaxing start to the trip with the opportunity for day trips around Lake Como
-Is 4 nights too long/too short??
-Is there another town (near Lake Garda or in Lombardy that is a better pick?)
Leave Bellagio by bus/train
(travel to Milan by train and then either straight to Florence or spend 1-3 nights in Emilo, Bologna or Parma-Fiance is excited about the food)
Florence (3 nights)
-Make reservations to see the Uffizi
-Any recommendations about less touristy places to stay (not adverse to walking long distances/taking public transit to historic district)
-Rent car after 3 days and drive to Chianti region
Chianti (4 nights)
-Drive to different wineries
-Day trip to Sienna
-Return Car to Florence and take train to Rome
Rome (3 nights)
-See the sites
-Train/Bus to Ravenna (?)
Amalfi Coast (5 nights)
-travel by train to Naples
-Fly out of Naples for Paris (we are planning on flying budget from Naples, and haven't booked the flight yet, so our dates are flexible)
Paris (5 nights)
-Are there any regions that we are missing that you feel are worth the trip??? We've considered Genoa, Cinque Terre or stopping along the coast in a less-tourist centric area to spend a few nights???
Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 2 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 3 Paris in September
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 6 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 help with Italy itinerary
- 9 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 10 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 11 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 12 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 13 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 14 Undisclsoed location
- 15 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 16 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 17 Praiano
- 18 Rome-Itinerary
- 19 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 20 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Venice
- 23 Rome to venice
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Gucci/Prada outlet near Florence