My finance and I are going to Italy for four weeks beginning in the second week of May. We are flying into Milan and out of Paris (we are planning to spend 2-5 nights in Paris depending on our itinerary). Currently our plan is as follows:
Fly into Milan (arrive around noon) take the train to Como then Bus/Boat to Bellagio
-We are debating whether to spend a night in Milan, the Universal Expo is going on this summer, so hotel availability is limited/expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it??
Bellagio (4 nights)
-We picked this location because we wanted a pretty, relaxing start to the trip with the opportunity for day trips around Lake Como
-Is 4 nights too long/too short??
-Is there another town (near Lake Garda or in Lombardy that is a better pick?)
Leave Bellagio by bus/train
(travel to Milan by train and then either straight to Florence or spend 1-3 nights in Emilo, Bologna or Parma-Fiance is excited about the food)
Florence (3 nights)
-Make reservations to see the Uffizi
-Any recommendations about less touristy places to stay (not adverse to walking long distances/taking public transit to historic district)
-Rent car after 3 days and drive to Chianti region
Chianti (4 nights)
-Drive to different wineries
-Day trip to Sienna
-Return Car to Florence and take train to Rome
Rome (3 nights)
-See the sites
-Train/Bus to Ravenna (?)
Amalfi Coast (5 nights)
-travel by train to Naples
-Fly out of Naples for Paris (we are planning on flying budget from Naples, and haven't booked the flight yet, so our dates are flexible)
Paris (5 nights)
-Are there any regions that we are missing that you feel are worth the trip??? We've considered Genoa, Cinque Terre or stopping along the coast in a less-tourist centric area to spend a few nights???
Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 2 Route des Vins
- 3 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Les Invalides Night Show
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 10 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 13 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 17 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 18 limousine services - milan - rome
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 21 Homesaty
- 22 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 23 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 24 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 25 Seville: Churches and Convent