Odd situation. My friend is American and visited her family in Italy last year. Her mother is American but has a permit to stay, and her brothers are Italian citizens (with a different father). Because they share a different father, she is not Italian.
She has wanted to apply for a permit to stay for quite some time. However her mother has been stealing money from her, and has delayed the whole process. She has now been in Italy, mostly penniless, for a year. The people she is asking to complete the forms are taking forever (her mother and step father) and her mother, after stealing over 4000 euros (meaning she cannot afford a ticket home) has kicked her out.
So here's the problem. She wants a permit to stay. She has been illegal for almost a year. She has no money to get back, and simple wants to get the permit to stay in the same country as her brothers. She does not want to be a tourist, she merely wants to be with her family.
What I am trying to find out for her is if she can still legally apply for the permit even though her 3 months have expired?
I'm concerned that because she is now illegal, the process cannot move forward. Her mother will probably fill in the forms / vouch her for her, but she will inevitably need her own place.
Can she still apply for the permit whilst illegal? Will she likely get it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days trip to Europe
- 2 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 3 Chinese visit to France
- 4 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 5 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 6 France for a month in 2017
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 10 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 11 Day trips from Uzes
- 12 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 13 HELP! Anyone ever done the walk from TELLARO to LERICI in Liguria?
- 14 An introduction to Italy (Lerici, Barga, and Lucca)
- 15 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 16 Vuerling airlines
- 17 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 18 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 19 All of Spain or something else..?
- 20 Barcelona extension
- 21 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 22 Europe itinerary review
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 25 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?