Odd situation. My friend is American and visited her family in Italy last year. Her mother is American but has a permit to stay, and her brothers are Italian citizens (with a different father). Because they share a different father, she is not Italian.
She has wanted to apply for a permit to stay for quite some time. However her mother has been stealing money from her, and has delayed the whole process. She has now been in Italy, mostly penniless, for a year. The people she is asking to complete the forms are taking forever (her mother and step father) and her mother, after stealing over 4000 euros (meaning she cannot afford a ticket home) has kicked her out.
So here's the problem. She wants a permit to stay. She has been illegal for almost a year. She has no money to get back, and simple wants to get the permit to stay in the same country as her brothers. She does not want to be a tourist, she merely wants to be with her family.
What I am trying to find out for her is if she can still legally apply for the permit even though her 3 months have expired?
I'm concerned that because she is now illegal, the process cannot move forward. Her mother will probably fill in the forms / vouch her for her, but she will inevitably need her own place.
Can she still apply for the permit whilst illegal? Will she likely get it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 Best Greek Island
- 4 Les Invalides Night Show
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Regarding Residence Permit
- 7 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 13 limousine services - milan - rome
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 16 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 17 Camogli and surrounds
- 18 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 19 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 20 2 days in Florence
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 24 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!