Odd situation. My friend is American and visited her family in Italy last year. Her mother is American but has a permit to stay, and her brothers are Italian citizens (with a different father). Because they share a different father, she is not Italian.
She has wanted to apply for a permit to stay for quite some time. However her mother has been stealing money from her, and has delayed the whole process. She has now been in Italy, mostly penniless, for a year. The people she is asking to complete the forms are taking forever (her mother and step father) and her mother, after stealing over 4000 euros (meaning she cannot afford a ticket home) has kicked her out.
So here's the problem. She wants a permit to stay. She has been illegal for almost a year. She has no money to get back, and simple wants to get the permit to stay in the same country as her brothers. She does not want to be a tourist, she merely wants to be with her family.
What I am trying to find out for her is if she can still legally apply for the permit even though her 3 months have expired?
I'm concerned that because she is now illegal, the process cannot move forward. Her mother will probably fill in the forms / vouch her for her, but she will inevitably need her own place.
Can she still apply for the permit whilst illegal? Will she likely get it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 8 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 9 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 10 "Never Mind"
- 11 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 12 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 13 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 14 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 15 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 16 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 17 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 20 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth