Odd situation. My friend is American and visited her family in Italy last year. Her mother is American but has a permit to stay, and her brothers are Italian citizens (with a different father). Because they share a different father, she is not Italian.
She has wanted to apply for a permit to stay for quite some time. However her mother has been stealing money from her, and has delayed the whole process. She has now been in Italy, mostly penniless, for a year. The people she is asking to complete the forms are taking forever (her mother and step father) and her mother, after stealing over 4000 euros (meaning she cannot afford a ticket home) has kicked her out.
So here's the problem. She wants a permit to stay. She has been illegal for almost a year. She has no money to get back, and simple wants to get the permit to stay in the same country as her brothers. She does not want to be a tourist, she merely wants to be with her family.
What I am trying to find out for her is if she can still legally apply for the permit even though her 3 months have expired?
I'm concerned that because she is now illegal, the process cannot move forward. Her mother will probably fill in the forms / vouch her for her, but she will inevitably need her own place.
Can she still apply for the permit whilst illegal? Will she likely get it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy real or fake passport and other documents.
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 5 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 6 What one thing in Paris?
- 7 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 12 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 17 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 18 Holiday in Austria
- 19 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 20 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 21 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 22 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 23 Retiring to Southern France
- 24 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 25 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos