We hope the New Year is treating everyone well. Only 122 days until our great Italian caper gets underway, hurrah!
I've read several trip reports where posters refer to receiving a discount for paying in cash (seems to be restaurants and lodgings). Can someone please fill me on the etiquette here?
Is there a specific Italian phrase I should use?
Are there any particular places where this is a big no-no?
Thanks again for all the fantastic help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 2 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 17 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
Italy - how does one get these lovely discounts people refer to?