First-time poster here. I am looking for feedback or advice from all you travel veterans!
My wife and I have been to Italy twice, both in a group format. We went to Rome, Assisi, Siena, Turin, Florence and some nice gems in between (Orvieto, Bolsena, Lanciano). This summer we are planning to go again just the two of us. We're aiming for last week of July into first week of August. Our brainstorming has come up with the following ideas:
Fly into Milan. Spend a few days at an agrotourism (agrotorismo) outside Bolsena. Then spend a few days in the Pisa and Lucca area to see, of course, the leaning tower which is on my wife's to-do list, but mostly to spend time possibly renting bicycles, perhaps attend a cooking class, and finding some leisure time. We were looking at a Bed and Breakfast in this area. Finally, our last day or two would be in the area outside Milan to include Magenta and Mesero, both having to do with the life of St. Gianna Molla. We may stay at a hotel/restaurant in Magenta.
Some items we need help with: The costs, benefits, and drawbacks to traveling by rail vs a rental car. Stated up front: I never learned to drive manually, so we'd rent the smallest automatic we could get. Prices seem to range from a few hundred (at the italian web sites) to over a thousand (on some US-based sites) and beyond. I do see the rail travels to most of the places on our itinerary, though sometimes a taxi may be needed. I wonder which option would add up the most - a car or the combination of rail/taxi.
Also, has anyone ever been to an agrotorismo (farm) and spent any time there? It seems really enjoyable! but, just wondering if anyone has any tips about...well....anything I guess.
I think thats about it for my broad request. Just looking for some advice about the time of year (which we really don't have a choice on), things to do in these areas, best ways to travel, etc. Anything would be helpful at this point.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설토토추천사이트 ▣ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Can parking
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help
ITALY: Help with itinerary of Bologna, Pisa, Lucca, Magenta