Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 4 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 5 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 6 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 7 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 8 Rome Areas to stay
- 9 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 10 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 13 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 14 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 15 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 18 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 19 St Germain
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY