Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 2 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 3 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 4 Ugh, plane ticket prices
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 7 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 10 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 11 Italy in October
- 12 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 13 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 14 Paris and where else?
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris
- 16 14 days Paris, Basque country, barcelona
- 17 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 18 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 19 Day trips from Lisbon
- 20 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 21 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 22 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 23 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 24 Best Way To Pay For the Tube
- 25 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?