Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
- 1 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 2 Help for first timers
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 4 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 5 Affordable London Hotel
- 6 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 7 Parisian Pickpockets
- 8 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 9 Paris Ticket t+
- 10 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 11 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 12 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 13 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 14 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 15 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 16 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 17 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 18 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 19 Benita In Paris
- 20 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 21 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 22 Driving through Europe
- 23 Romania Tour Guide
- 24 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 25 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help