Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Observations About Paris
- 2 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 3 Scotland November 2015
- 4 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 5 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 6 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 9 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Is my plan ok
- 14 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 15 Reputable Tours
- 16 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 17 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 25 Portugal Trip