Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITALO trains need help
- 2 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 3 London restaurants
- 4 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 5 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 6 How much luggage?????
- 7 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 8 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 9 German Rail Twin Pass
- 10 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 11 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 12 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 13 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 16 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 17 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 18 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 10 days to Explore Europe
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 24 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 25 Help with France itinerary