Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Best data sim
- 4 1st time to europe- from 0ct 3-26 2014 train advance ticket advice
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Crete Island - off the beaten track
- 7 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 8 Escargot
- 9 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 10 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 11 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 12 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 13 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 14 Interested In Coach Passes
- 15 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 18 Alterations to night trains routes
- 19 first family trip to Switzerland
- 20 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 21 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 22 Pisa or Siena?
- 23 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 24 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 25 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London