Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 6 Berlin from Rostock?
- 7 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 8 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 9 Is this the right way<>?
- 10 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 11 Art in Paris
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 14 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 Hotels that we found special
- 21 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 22 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 23 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Great London Bars with a view