Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Villa Rosa, Hotel Inglaterra, or Hotel Niza
- 3 Terrorism in Europe
- 4 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 5 Amalfi Coast in October
- 6 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 9 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 10 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 11 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 12 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 13 Paris in black and white
- 14 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 15 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 18 Never To Return
- 19 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 20 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 21 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 eateries in Puglia
- 24 Rome to Amafi coast
- 25 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?