Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help
- 2 Now for the Venice hotel
- 3 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 4 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 5 venice, italy
- 6 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 8 Where to go in France mid July?
- 9 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 10 week in scotland
- 11 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 12 A guide to Madrid
- 13 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 14 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Rocamaxour
- 17 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 18 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 21 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 22 Home Base in Belgium
- 23 Greece after the Vote
- 24 April in Madrid
- 25 Big and little towns of Europe