Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Pictures
- 2 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 3 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 4 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 5 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 6 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 7 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 8 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 9 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 10 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 11 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 12 Purse week?
- 13 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 14 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 17 Looking for add on city
- 18 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 19 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 20 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 21 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 22 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 23 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 24 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 25 New !travel handbags, an update please!