Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 2 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 3 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 4 Zurich, Switzerland
- 5 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 one last portugal car rental question
- 9 Venice
- 10 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 13 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 16 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 17 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 18 Hotel in Venice
- 19 Day trip on the Rhine
- 20 Avignon to London?
- 21 Swiss rail passes
- 22 Day trips
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!