Each xmas we make a jigsaw puzzle and give each of our kids(now 21 and 24) pieces in their holiday gifts. This is their favorite surprise! ( Last year we headed to London xmas day) They put the pieces together to discover where our family is heading for the yearly vacation (I travel a lot for work and it is a great use of points/miles). This year they found that they were going to help pick the destination. The great news is that we are headed back to Italy- we have never been S of Rome. We plan to spend a week on or near the Amalfi Coast and then a few days in Rome. We want to relax, do day trips- Capri, Pompeii, small AC towns... I would love to take a cooking class. We have been looking at Sorrento and Ravello. Am open to type of lodging. I know there is Hilton in Sorrento where I could use miles- they also have a quad room - 2 rooms 2 bathrooms together which would-be fun as we all end up hanging out in one room when we are in a hotel. The downside is that is a Hilton and I fell that you lose part of the experience - the upside is that I am a Diamond member so breakfast and lounge access are free. We don’t want to mess with a car. I would love any input to make this a great vacation. Our daughter graduates college in May and will start with Teach for America in June and I can't think of a better send off!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 2 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 6 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 best time to book accommodation
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Sicily - not a trip report
- 17 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son