I need yall's help. I'm planning a trip for September with my husband. Ive decided on visting both Italy and Greece in 11 days. I was an avid traveler before getting married but I would show up with basically no real thought out specific plan. So this time I have to plan perfectly because we have back to back plans literally the day before we leave and the day after we arrive. I am NOT an organized traveler as far as perfectly thought out flights and planning every tour site, tour, train ride etc ahead of time before even leaving the states.
Ive decided that we would fly into Rome and spend 3 days there then take the train to Sorrento/Pompeii and stay for 2 days. We would then take the train back to Rome and take a Ryan Air flight to Athens and spend 2 days there. Then take Ryan air into Santorini and spend the last few days here relaxing and THEN take a flight back to Athens to then fly back to the US. As I am typing this I am already not enjoying this trip. I really would appreciate some input. I do not want to exhaust my husband or myself, for that matter.
One last note...I have been to Rome before...the only reason I am going back before exploring somewhere else amazing on my list is because my husband really wants to see it. We've both never been to Greece. This may help with the input. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers