Starting to plan a trip to Italy and Greece for September, not yet decided on dates hoping for some insight here. My boyfriend and I are total newbies to Europe and enjoy hearing peoples opinions and suggestions for travel. We think we want to do a fast paced week in Italy followed by a relaxing week in Greece.(2 weeks total trip) We have heard Crete is the place to be during this time of the year, but again any suggestions are welcomed.
We would be flying out of Toronto and aren't picking when it comes to traveling. We are both laid back and really just want to take as many beautiful sites and activities in as possible. We are well aware we won't be able to see EVERYTHING so looking for the highlight spots in Italy. Ultimately we are there for food scenery and culture. Any tips on what flight path/travel routes, and hotels would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Italy & Greece
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 5 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 11 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 12 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 13 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Channel Islands
- 18 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 19 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 20 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 21 Ireland in a week
- 22 Spain - Andalucia
- 23 TGV and Provence questions
- 24 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 25 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie