I am flying from Athens to Rome in September. I have about 13 days to spend until my flight leaves from Milan to return home. This is my second trip to Italy, however, the fist one was very rushed with only 1 or 2 days in each city. This part of my trip is solo as my friend is leaving from Athens to go home. I would like to travel from Rome to Milan at a more leisurely pace. If anyone could recommend places to visit along the way and the best mode of transportation. I would like to visit some wineries as well. Im thinking of taking the train but am confused as to what type of ticket I should purchase and if it travels to the different Tuscany regions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 2 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 3 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 10 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 13 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 14 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 17 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Oporto
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Italy bus or train
- 23 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 24 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 25 Porto and vicinity