I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon