I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 2 Athens
- 3 10 days in Paris and......
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 6 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 9 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 10 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 11 Swiss Travel Pass
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 18 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 19 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices