I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 Greek Village
- 9 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 10 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 13 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Apartment Montreux area
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 An evening in London
- 20 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 21 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 22 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 Rome or Venice first