I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 2 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 3 Granada to Madrid
- 4 Cognac transportation?
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 6 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 10 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 16 Naples, Italy
- 17 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 23 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon