I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 2 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 3 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 7 Appenzell in December?
- 8 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 9 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 10 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 11 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 14 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 15 Traveling in Belgium
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO