I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary