I am happy to join the forums finally, though I've been reading a lot here and I very appreciate everyone's comments!
We are planning a trip to Italy for about 10 days, from end of January to beginning of February (2016).
We are looking for colorful towns to wander around their streets, their markets, absorb their views.
Venice and Verona are two of the towns we'd like to visit.
I can't seem to find other towns that aren't that far away, though we'd rent a car if needed.
I thought of Florence, but looking at the photos taken there, it looks pretty mono-colored where the grayish concrete dominates.
I read that Garda lake surrounding towns are quite abandoned during the winter, or perhaps I was missing something?
Are there similar towns as Venice and Verona which you could recommend?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 2 Ireland
- 3 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 4 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 8 10 day Italy
- 9 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 14 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 What to do at 7:00am
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 19 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Planning a European Trip