A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Italy - France - Switzerland - Updated Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 5 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 6 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 7 Eiffel tower tickets
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 10 Help With Vienna
- 11 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Venice Banning Fodors
- 21 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!