A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 3 I'm back.....
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 8 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 9 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 10 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 11 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Slovania & Croatia
- 14 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 15 5 days in Provence
- 16 Parking in Italy
- 17 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 18 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 19 1 week in Malaga
- 20 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 23 Transportation in Bologna
- 24 Amsterdam vs. France
- 25 Where to stay in Dijon, France