A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 2 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 3 Belgium advice
- 4 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Rome for a week
- 9 Ireland to Scotland
- 10 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 11 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 12 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 13 Overnight Train Questions
- 14 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 15 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 16 Poland in September
- 17 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 18 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 19 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 20 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 21 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 Rome to Positano