A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 3 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 4 First trip to Italy
- 5 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 6 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 House Hunting in France
- 12 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Driving in Italy?
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 17 Croatia trip Planning
- 18 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas