A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Italy - France - Switzerland - Updated Itinerary Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 2 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 3 Dordogne markets
- 4 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 5 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 6 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 7 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 8 England in 7 days
- 9 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 10 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 11 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 14 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 15 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 16 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 17 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 21 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 22 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 23 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 24 Rocamaxour
- 25 Food in the 14th arrondissement