A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 3 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 4 Norwegian air
- 5 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 6 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 7 help with 21 days-croatia
- 8 London Paris
- 9 14 days in Greece
- 10 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 11 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 12 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 13 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 14 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 15 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 16 What clothes?
- 17 Early flight from Nice
- 18 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 19 Sarlat-la-Canéda to Toulouse, please, critique driving schedule
- 20 London dining service charge
- 21 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 22 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 23 Toulouse Hotels - Grand Hotel de l'Opera versus Le Grand Balcon
- 24 Shopping in Paris
- 25 Lost speeding fine notice