A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Stuck in Paris
- 8 Spain - day driver advice
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Paris hotel
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like