A few weeks ago I posted asking for suggestions and some of you were incredibly helpful.
At the point I was lookig for places to go and had no idea or focus of what I wanted. I got some amazing ideas and also some advice to find sights and activities and work my itinerary around that.
Quick summary: Me (28) and my great-aunt (71) going to Italy late July into August 2014. The only requirement is Brescia and Garda (to see family). The rest is open. We have varied interests, and she has seen many parts of Italy and I have only seen Venice, Brescia/Garda, Positano, and Rome. We are both very open to new experiences and want to see new things. IF it fits into the itinerary that we choose, we would like to use timeshare points somewhere.
My new question: Using the ideas and itineraries given to me, we kind of came up with this. I will include the reasons why...
Land in Venice
1 or 2 nights in Venice (only saw quickly, Aunt would like to see)
3 nights in Garda (my family's origin and visit family here)
3 nights in Brescia (more family, including my step-great-grandmother)
then it gets tricky:
3 nights in Camogli (seems like a great base and a quieter town)
1 night in Monaco (sounds weird I know but we both want this...)
3 nights in Menton or Nice (suggestions? We want to compare the rivieras)
3 nights in Alba (Love wine)
2 nights in Zermatt (I have a dream of paragliding here)
2 nights in Lucerne (just looks amazing)
fly out of Zurich.
Problem is, we would like to keep it to three weeks. I feel like this is too much, and too much moving. But i can't even begin to decide what to cut out! I am in the exact opposite position that I was in a few weeks ago....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 2 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 5 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 6 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 7 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 12 Versailles
- 13 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 18 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!