I have been having a lovely time reading a million posts and trip reports here.
We are a family 2A2C who love to travel and are planning a trip to Italy next April/May. We will be gone for 5 weeks but one of those will be spent in Paris.
I can speak Italian (rusty though atm) and DH and I have visited Italy before many times pre-children. We have been building them up with domestic (Australian), Asian and USA travels but now we are ready for the 24 hour flight!!! gulp...
I would love some feedback and comments on the first draft of our itinerary please.
Fly into either Rome/Paris and open jaw out of the opposite. We are not worried about which direction we go but may prefer Rome first as Paris may be warmer at the end of the trip. It will depend on flights/times/points.
Rome 7 nights
pick up hire car from somewhere near where we are going to stay in Umbria, train from Rome to this place.
Umbria (thinking near Montone which is rural or Assisi in an apartment) if we stay rural we can drive around easier. 7 nights
Val d'Orcia 7 nights (will have car)
then I cannot decide (I mean I could easily holiday for 4 years and still not decide!!!) between 3 nights Bologna/4 nights Venice or whether to have 7 nights in Venice, or 3 nights Florence/4 nights Lucca...I am very open to suggestions.
Then we will fly to Paris for 7 nights. (this is the children's request).
We will stay in apartments and like to take our time exploring at our own pace and enjoying a place. We are not travelling to tick things off our lists, but to relish the things we choose to see and experience. Our children love to travel and love the exotic and food.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Petrol in Greece
- 2 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 Where to enjoy Paris
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 15 Meteora for older folk
- 16 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 17 Versailles
- 18 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 19 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 20 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 21 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 22 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 23 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 24 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??