I have been having a lovely time reading a million posts and trip reports here.
We are a family 2A2C who love to travel and are planning a trip to Italy next April/May. We will be gone for 5 weeks but one of those will be spent in Paris.
I can speak Italian (rusty though atm) and DH and I have visited Italy before many times pre-children. We have been building them up with domestic (Australian), Asian and USA travels but now we are ready for the 24 hour flight!!! gulp...
I would love some feedback and comments on the first draft of our itinerary please.
Fly into either Rome/Paris and open jaw out of the opposite. We are not worried about which direction we go but may prefer Rome first as Paris may be warmer at the end of the trip. It will depend on flights/times/points.
Rome 7 nights
pick up hire car from somewhere near where we are going to stay in Umbria, train from Rome to this place.
Umbria (thinking near Montone which is rural or Assisi in an apartment) if we stay rural we can drive around easier. 7 nights
Val d'Orcia 7 nights (will have car)
then I cannot decide (I mean I could easily holiday for 4 years and still not decide!!!) between 3 nights Bologna/4 nights Venice or whether to have 7 nights in Venice, or 3 nights Florence/4 nights Lucca...I am very open to suggestions.
Then we will fly to Paris for 7 nights. (this is the children's request).
We will stay in apartments and like to take our time exploring at our own pace and enjoying a place. We are not travelling to tick things off our lists, but to relish the things we choose to see and experience. Our children love to travel and love the exotic and food.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Shoes in Scotland
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March