A friend and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks, then flying to Barcelona for 5 nights and heading home after that.
Our current plan is to fly into Venice (tickets have been booked) and spend around 3 nights there, then our itinerary is simply to make it down to Rome, where we will then depart to Barcelona.
We have an idea of the places we want to see on the way down to Rome, but I would love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on cities or towns to visit, how long to stay for, or activities that are a must. We plan on doing a lot of eating, drinking, and walking around, museums, beaches, hiking, and are open to more!
After leaving Venice (3 nights), this is our plan;
Train to La Spezia- visit the Cinque Terre area (day trip or stay longer?)
Should we stop in Bologna as a base for 3 nights and make a day trip to Cinque Terre?
We also want to stop in Pisa, just to see the Leaning Tower.
Train to Florence (4 nights)- we want to get a good feel of Florence, but also want to take advantage of being in the Tuscany region
Train to Siena (2 nights) -maybe a day trip to Chianti?
Train to Rome (4-5 nights) lots of sightseeing, and also a bit of time to relax. Thinking about visiting Capri
Train to Naples (4 nights)- Visit Pompeii, maybe Sorrento, and spend a day on the Amalfi Coast(!!)
We arrive in Venice September 1st, with this itinerary of 19 days, we have 1-2 days to spare/or for mishaps before our flight to Barcelona.
Any Barcelona recommendations are also appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living