A friend and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks, then flying to Barcelona for 5 nights and heading home after that.
Our current plan is to fly into Venice (tickets have been booked) and spend around 3 nights there, then our itinerary is simply to make it down to Rome, where we will then depart to Barcelona.
We have an idea of the places we want to see on the way down to Rome, but I would love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on cities or towns to visit, how long to stay for, or activities that are a must. We plan on doing a lot of eating, drinking, and walking around, museums, beaches, hiking, and are open to more!
After leaving Venice (3 nights), this is our plan;
Train to La Spezia- visit the Cinque Terre area (day trip or stay longer?)
Should we stop in Bologna as a base for 3 nights and make a day trip to Cinque Terre?
We also want to stop in Pisa, just to see the Leaning Tower.
Train to Florence (4 nights)- we want to get a good feel of Florence, but also want to take advantage of being in the Tuscany region
Train to Siena (2 nights) -maybe a day trip to Chianti?
Train to Rome (4-5 nights) lots of sightseeing, and also a bit of time to relax. Thinking about visiting Capri
Train to Naples (4 nights)- Visit Pompeii, maybe Sorrento, and spend a day on the Amalfi Coast(!!)
We arrive in Venice September 1st, with this itinerary of 19 days, we have 1-2 days to spare/or for mishaps before our flight to Barcelona.
Any Barcelona recommendations are also appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 5 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 6 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 7 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 8 UK in May and June
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 12 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 13 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Globus Iberian Tour
- 16 Spain: train/rental car help
- 17 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 18 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 19 Budapest Card
- 20 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 21 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 22 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 25 Bath/Cotswolds