My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 Best Area to Stay in Galway - Walk to Pubs
- 3 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 4 Provence Planning Help
- 5 Our first trip to Europe
- 6 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 7 On foot Gibraltar queue
- 8 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 Restaurant recommendations in San Sebastián
- 11 A wonderful month in France
- 12 Bus/Train tickets Madrid>Cordoba>Granada>Ronda>Seville>Madrid
- 13 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 14 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
- 15 Venice: Shopping Question
- 16 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 17 Puglia and Matera
- 18 French towns in autumn
- 19 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 20 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 21 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 22 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 23 Train tickets in Europe
- 24 Cinque Terre
- 25 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)