My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 20 free days of Europe
- 3 Walking Scotland
- 4 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 5 Train Ticket Help
- 6 Bordeaux TRIP
- 7 tablet
- 8 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 9 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 10 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 11 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 12 Planning Advice!
- 13 Adaptors for Belgium
- 14 Germany and Austria trip report
- 15 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 16 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 17 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 18 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 19 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 20 Home base for a month in France?
- 21 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 22 Greece in 15 Days
- 23 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 24 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 25 Norway holiday locations
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)