My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 2 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 3 Car rental in Santorini port
- 4 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 5 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 6 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 7 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 8 heathrow time needed
- 9 Help on September Trip to Spain
- 10 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 11 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 12 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 13 Vineyards close to Lisboa, no car - Alentejo or Setubal?
- 14 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 15 Tuscany literature
- 16 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 17 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 18 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 19 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 20 my current itinerary for future trip
- 21 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 22 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 23 Where to buy Saffron?
- 24 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)