My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 2 Reputable Tours
- 3 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 4 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 5 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 7 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 8 Germany Questions
- 9 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Museums in Berlin
- 12 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015
- 19 Salzburg and day trips
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 22 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 23 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 24 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 25 Skiing in France