My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 2 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 3 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 4 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 5 train from ams to paris
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 12 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 13 Cordoba or Granada?
- 14 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 15 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 16 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 17 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 18 3 nights in Tuscany
- 19 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 20 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 21 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 22 Munich, Germany
- 23 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 River Boat Cruise
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)