My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 2 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 3 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 4 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 5 VENICE
- 6 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 7 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 8 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 9 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 10 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 11 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 12 travel around Spain
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Corsica
- 16 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 18 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 19 CDG to Marais transfer
- 20 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 21 17 days in England
- 22 Italy Trip Report
- 23 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 24 Transportation Question Italy
- 25 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)