My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 2 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 3 Andalucia in December
- 4 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 5 Budapest Hotels
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 8 First trip to Italy
- 9 Ireland & Scotland
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 14 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 15 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)