My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day in London
- 2 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 3 sim card
- 4 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 5 Lake Garda- Italy
- 6 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 7 European Championship
- 8 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Plan Italy trip
- 11 http://garciniaweightlose.com/garcinia-active-slim/
- 12 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 13 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 14 when you consider that it swivels
- 15 Train from Rome to Naples
- 16 How to reduce weight
- 17 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 18 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 19 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 20 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 21 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 22 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 23 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 24 Spain to Morocco
- 25 Sardinia, Italy
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)