My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)