My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 3 Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 5 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 6 10 nights in France
- 7 2 London theatre recommendations
- 8 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 9 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 10 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 11 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 12 Croatia Itenerary
- 13 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 14 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 15 Where to stop along the way
- 16 5 full days in Rome too much?
- 17 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 18 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 21 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 22 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 23 Shopping in Paris
- 24 Villa Stefania-Cortona, Italy
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)