My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 2 Confused ~ Pheasant Inn Lake District
- 3 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 4 Andalucia to Madrid
- 5 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 6 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 7 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 8 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 9 Best way to get from Monterosso, Cinque Terre to Pisa Airport
- 10 Train/Subway Questions
- 11 Faro to Porto 5 days
- 12 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 13 From Schipol to ?
- 14 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 15 Getting Around Toledo
- 16 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 17 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 18 First timer
- 19 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 20 2 weeks in France next May
- 21 Planning our Honeymoon
- 22 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 23 too many London hotels!
- 24 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 25 Segovia Hotel
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)