My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 2 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 3 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 4 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 5 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 6 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 11 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 12 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 13 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 14 WiFi on trains
- 15 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 16 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 17 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 18 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 19 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 20 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 21 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 22 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 23 Renting an apt.
- 24 A guide to Madrid
- 25 Amsterday > Bruges