My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 4 italy
- 5 Wednesday Papal Audience
- 6 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Santorini
- 9 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 10 Italy Itinerary - Draft
- 11 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 12 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 13 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 14 How do you find French food?
- 15 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 16 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 17 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 18 airport hold baggage
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 22 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 23 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 24 Monet in Normandy
- 25 Dining at the Eiffel Tower