My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 2 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 3 Loire Valley itinerary
- 4 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 5 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 6 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 7 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 8 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 9 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 10 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 11 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 12 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 13 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 14 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 15 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 16 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 17 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 18 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 19 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 20 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 21 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 22 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 23 Breakfast: London
- 24 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 25 Travel plan help in Germany
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)