My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week Tuscany in November
- 2 Scotland Votes "No"
- 3 Gift for French business associate
- 4 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 5 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Help please! Value lodging in Italy
- 10 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 13 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 14 Gtg San Antonio
- 15 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 16 Airbnb scam
- 17 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 18 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 19 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 20 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 21 Italy trip advice
- 22 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 25 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland