My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 2 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 3 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 4 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 5 From London to Paris to US
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 8 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 9 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 10 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 11 Greece Experts
- 12 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 13 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 16 Ireland driving itinerary
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 Germany and Austria trip report
- 19 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 20 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 21 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 22 Puglia
- 23 My greece vacation
- 24 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 25 Naples or Genoa
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)