My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 2 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 3 Rent a Car?
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Whistle stop family road trip
- 7 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 8 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 9 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 10 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 11 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 12 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 13 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 14 Zadar or Sibenik
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 17 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 18 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 19 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 20 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 21 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 Day trips from Venice and Rome
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)