My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece for a month with a baby
- 2 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 3 Split to Venice. Help!
- 4 looking for an app
- 5 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 6 Biking (Selg-Guided and/or Guided) in Oxford and Bath
- 7 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 8 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 9 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 10 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 11 phone service
- 12 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 13 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 14 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 15 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 16 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 17 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 18 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Barcelona and San Sebastian
- 20 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 21 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 22 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 23 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 24 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 25 Arctic Circle in December