My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 3 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 4 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 5 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 6 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 7 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 8 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 9 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 10 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 11 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 12 Trip Report: What can you say about Greece?
- 13 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 14 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 15 Advise for travelling to Eastern Europe(including Balkans)
- 16 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 17 Balkan Tour Operators?
- 18 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 19 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 20 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 21 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 22 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 23 December honeymoon in Europe
- 24 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 25 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls