My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 4 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 5 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 6 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 9 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 Our European adventures
- 12 Walking Scotland
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 15 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 16 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 17 Travel WiFi - France
- 18 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 19 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 20 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 21 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 22 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 Planning Advice!
- 25 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)