My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 2 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 3 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 4 vegetarian in spain
- 5 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 6 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 9 Cordoba Overnight?
- 10 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 13 Dublin Leap Card
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 15 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 16 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 21 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 22 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 23 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)