My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona sites: attire
- 2 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 3 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 4 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 5 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 6 barcelona
- 7 Switzeraland Iternary
- 8 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 9 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 10 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 11 Train Travel in Germany
- 12 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 13 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 14 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 15 Barcelona Itinerary
- 16 Texans Take a Tour
- 17 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 18 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 21 One night in Amsterdam?
- 22 A plethora of islands
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 25 10 days in spain
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)