My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 3 From London to Paris to US
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 6 How can I ship my clothes to me in France...
- 7 Puglia
- 8 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 9 My greece vacation
- 10 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 11 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 Rome to Positano
- 19 Itinerary help please!
- 20 Ireland driving itinerary
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 24 Germany and Austria trip report
- 25 Manchester on derby weekend
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)