My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 Planning a holiday
- 17 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Advises for trip to Russia
- 21 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 24 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 25 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.