My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 3 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 8 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 9 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 23 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days