My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in October. We normally stick to either South America or South Africa, so this is our first time to Italty and for me, Europe. We only have one week to travel (from Colorado). leaving probably on a Friday,into Italty on a Saturday and return on a Friday or Saturday.
Because we only have one week, and aren't that interested in art, cities, museums,, nor lounging on the beach, we know we need to limit our trip and based on our friends' advice on our preferences, would like plan a trip to Cinque Terre/Sienna/Tuscany. our style is more hiking/active, wine-tasting, great food, farmland, adventure, off the beaten path, etc- we are a very active 30-something couple with no kids.
All that said, we have NO idea where to start, even where to fly into, trains, how much time can we reasonable spend in 6 full days, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Italy First Timer (Northern/Tuscany/Cinque Terre recommendations)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 2 Dresden or Leipzig
- 3 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 7 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 8 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 11 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 14 20 days in Germany
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 France, Italy and Greec
- 17 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 18 Rome---August and September
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 Help With Vienna
- 22 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 23 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 24 South of France November Trip Report
- 25 Best luggage for a 7 week trip