I'm travelling alone in Europe for my first time and would really appreciate some advice. Really looking forward to this trip, it's my last holiday as I finish Uni and before I start full time work. So it may be awhile before I get to do something like this again!
I have around 2 weeks from mid December and I'd really love to see: Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Pompeii.
I'm particularly interested in the historical aspects of Italy. (Renaissance, Mt Vesuvius etc)
I'm not a huge art fan and wouldn't spend all day in a gallery but I wouldn't mind some of this also!
Budget wise I'm not too bad, I have some savings from working while studying. However if I don't decide to go in a group tour I'd definitely prefer hostels or airbnb's as it's just a nice way to meet others and immerse yourself in the city over hotels in my opinion.
I was actually considering taking this Contiki tour as I've never travelled alone before and haven't been around Europe very much. http://www.contiki.com/destinations/europe/tours/191-simply-italy-winter#
I've read around these forums and saw that many attractions have quite variable hours in Italy so I feel like going on a tour would be very helpful for a fairly inexperienced European traveller like myself!
However, I am also aware that Contiki tours are fairly party orientated and may not allow me to see as much of the sights as I would like? I'm not much of a nightlife type of person. However, most other group tours as far as I am aware of are not really running in this time period, and those dates are actually perfect for myself.
Does anyone have any recommendations on other group tours? Or would you recommend travelling solo?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지게임예시 ///ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้접`속:vtk17.COM//#
- 2 Corfu
- 3 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 7 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 8 LIsbon
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 12 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 15 Trip suggestion
- 16 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Dijon in December!
- 22 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 23 Summer Travel order
- 24 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 25 Fifty Years Later, Paris
Italy December 2 weeks. First time travelling alone - Group tour or solo?