I'm travelling alone in Europe for my first time and would really appreciate some advice. Really looking forward to this trip, it's my last holiday as I finish Uni and before I start full time work. So it may be awhile before I get to do something like this again!
I have around 2 weeks from mid December and I'd really love to see: Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Pompeii.
I'm particularly interested in the historical aspects of Italy. (Renaissance, Mt Vesuvius etc)
I'm not a huge art fan and wouldn't spend all day in a gallery but I wouldn't mind some of this also!
Budget wise I'm not too bad, I have some savings from working while studying. However if I don't decide to go in a group tour I'd definitely prefer hostels or airbnb's as it's just a nice way to meet others and immerse yourself in the city over hotels in my opinion.
I was actually considering taking this Contiki tour as I've never travelled alone before and haven't been around Europe very much. http://www.contiki.com/destinations/europe/tours/191-simply-italy-winter#
I've read around these forums and saw that many attractions have quite variable hours in Italy so I feel like going on a tour would be very helpful for a fairly inexperienced European traveller like myself!
However, I am also aware that Contiki tours are fairly party orientated and may not allow me to see as much of the sights as I would like? I'm not much of a nightlife type of person. However, most other group tours as far as I am aware of are not really running in this time period, and those dates are actually perfect for myself.
Does anyone have any recommendations on other group tours? Or would you recommend travelling solo?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h HelP 24*7
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Car rental in Santorini port
- 4 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 renting a car in greece
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 14 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 18 retruning to US with souveniers
- 19 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 20 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 21 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 25 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
Italy December 2 weeks. First time travelling alone - Group tour or solo?