A friend and I are traveling to the UK from NZ in July, and plan to start off with 3 weeks in the above. Currently it looks like 7 nights in each.
Plans so far are fly to Rome, stay with family for 3 nights, Florence for 1 night, Cinque Terre for 1 night then Venice for two. Then round to Croatia, where we would particularly like to visit Dubrovnik and Split with some island boat trips, and Greece where we plan on visiting Mykonos, Santorini and Ios.
We think we might just suss a train pass for travel everywhere, then leave from Greece to fly back to Paris for a few days.
My friend has done most of Italy before and I've never been, so we're mainly interested in some of the better 'must sees', some history, dining, drinking and a lot of beach visits!!
Any thoughts/suggestions? specifically with the travel? I know it's a short time but we're in our 20s so will definitely be going back at some other point in time!
Also thoughts on cost? We have 3 free nights in Rome, and two nights in Ios look to be quite cheap for the place we've booked.
ITALY-CROATIA-GREECE in 3 weeks
- 1 Arsenal Football Jersey
- 2 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 3 rent car / Munich
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Madrid to Sevilla
- 11 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 12 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 16 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 Ireland in a week
- 19 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 22 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 25 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014