A friend and I are traveling to the UK from NZ in July, and plan to start off with 3 weeks in the above. Currently it looks like 7 nights in each.
Plans so far are fly to Rome, stay with family for 3 nights, Florence for 1 night, Cinque Terre for 1 night then Venice for two. Then round to Croatia, where we would particularly like to visit Dubrovnik and Split with some island boat trips, and Greece where we plan on visiting Mykonos, Santorini and Ios.
We think we might just suss a train pass for travel everywhere, then leave from Greece to fly back to Paris for a few days.
My friend has done most of Italy before and I've never been, so we're mainly interested in some of the better 'must sees', some history, dining, drinking and a lot of beach visits!!
Any thoughts/suggestions? specifically with the travel? I know it's a short time but we're in our 20s so will definitely be going back at some other point in time!
Also thoughts on cost? We have 3 free nights in Rome, and two nights in Ios look to be quite cheap for the place we've booked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 6 My 60th birthday surprises
- 7 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 8 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 9 Help with first time trip with family
- 10 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 11 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 12 Verona or Athens?
- 13 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 14 Spain car rental questions
- 15 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 16 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 17 Basque country ideas
- 18 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 19 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 20 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow