A friend and I are traveling to the UK from NZ in July, and plan to start off with 3 weeks in the above. Currently it looks like 7 nights in each.
Plans so far are fly to Rome, stay with family for 3 nights, Florence for 1 night, Cinque Terre for 1 night then Venice for two. Then round to Croatia, where we would particularly like to visit Dubrovnik and Split with some island boat trips, and Greece where we plan on visiting Mykonos, Santorini and Ios.
We think we might just suss a train pass for travel everywhere, then leave from Greece to fly back to Paris for a few days.
My friend has done most of Italy before and I've never been, so we're mainly interested in some of the better 'must sees', some history, dining, drinking and a lot of beach visits!!
Any thoughts/suggestions? specifically with the travel? I know it's a short time but we're in our 20s so will definitely be going back at some other point in time!
Also thoughts on cost? We have 3 free nights in Rome, and two nights in Ios look to be quite cheap for the place we've booked.
ITALY-CROATIA-GREECE in 3 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 3 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 4 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 5 CDG questions
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 8 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 9 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 10 France to Italy advice needed please
- 11 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 12 A Week in Spain
- 13 When to buy companion ticket?
- 14 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 17 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 18 Home Base in Belgium
- 19 Things to do in/around Milan
- 20 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 21 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 24 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 25 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein