A friend and I are traveling to the UK from NZ in July, and plan to start off with 3 weeks in the above. Currently it looks like 7 nights in each.
Plans so far are fly to Rome, stay with family for 3 nights, Florence for 1 night, Cinque Terre for 1 night then Venice for two. Then round to Croatia, where we would particularly like to visit Dubrovnik and Split with some island boat trips, and Greece where we plan on visiting Mykonos, Santorini and Ios.
We think we might just suss a train pass for travel everywhere, then leave from Greece to fly back to Paris for a few days.
My friend has done most of Italy before and I've never been, so we're mainly interested in some of the better 'must sees', some history, dining, drinking and a lot of beach visits!!
Any thoughts/suggestions? specifically with the travel? I know it's a short time but we're in our 20s so will definitely be going back at some other point in time!
Also thoughts on cost? We have 3 free nights in Rome, and two nights in Ios look to be quite cheap for the place we've booked.
ITALY-CROATIA-GREECE in 3 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back home problems with sim card
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Budapest
- 4 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 5 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 8 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 9 Budapest--baggage storage
- 10 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 11 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 12 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 13 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 14 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 18 How do you find French food?
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 21 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 22 GPS in Tuscany
- 23 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 24 Best day to look for economic flights
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?